Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and wanted your help because you guys clearly know your Foci.

How I got my Focus:

I got my 2008 Ford Focus from my parents as my first car. They gave my brother his first car (2006 Ford Focus) so it was only far.

So, I'm really loving my Focus and could not be happier but I know it has more potential. I plans so far are to

1. Upgrade from stock rims/wheels to Ford Racing Rally Focus Rims (tires undecided)

2. Blackout Grill

3. Body Kit: Duraflex Piranha Complete Body Kit (Part Number: 106428)

4. Some thing to pump up the engine.

The fourth step is where I want you guys to help me. I know nothing of engines because I'm a computer technician. i was hoping you guys can tell me what I can do to get some more performance from my beloved Focus. Just tell me what you think I should do and I would be so grateful.

Thanks guys for any help :)

BTW if this is in the wrong section, sorry. It was hard to decide what to choose as the correct thread.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
for performance, here is a few list:

Intake - FSWERKS cool-flo intake
Exhaust - FSWERKS stealth or FSWERKS Race (Loud)
Headers- FSWERKS
UDP - CFM

Thats basically all that I have and it has helped a lot throughout the powerband.

ALL these parts can be found at http://focus.c-f-m.com/

Also a tune after the headers is recommended by Randy at FSWERKS

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
no your in the right place, congrats on the car and welcome to FF.
You look like you got your self a good plan, I would love to have the body kit but I would rip it right off just getting into or out of my driveway.
If your after a true DD then go with the big three, Cold Air Intake (or CAI), exhaust kit, and a tune either from Tom or from FSWerks. those 3 will net you about 20hp at the wheels, which the focus needs every bit of. If thats not enough then go with a turbo kit, that will double your wheel HP and make for one bad ride.
You didnt mention anything about suspension, but I am using the FRPP kit, its a great kit for about $300, if your after more then get a H&R coilover setup.
good luck.

Bob

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Ok here we go:

Engine:

1. FSWerks Cold Air Intake, the best 199.95 you can spend
2. FSWerks 2.5 inch header/cat back exhaust, either race or stealth depending on your application
3. FSWerks or Tom SCT XCAL 3 Custom tune either 91 or 93 Oct depending on gas in your area
4. If you can afford it either the Cossi intake Manifold or the EBay knockoff version
5. MAybe the FSWerks header if you aren't planning to boost it
6. CFM Underdrive pullies
7. BOOST!!!! You will never go back

Suspension/Brakes:
1. If you have the money H and R coilover suspension
2. Stainless steel brake lines
3. SVT rear disk brake conversion
4. Steeda or H and R Rear Sway Bar
5. FSWerks Front stress bar
6. Massive Rear Strut Bar (I like this one more than the FSWerks version but to each his own
7. Massive or FSWerks Front Strut Bar
8. Since you want EAP Wheels go with 215/45/17 tires

Exterior:
1. 2009 Coupe Black Headlights, taillights, and grill
2. 2009 Coupe Front Bumper
3. SES Rear Bumper
4. Tint!!!!!
5. Maybe the 3d carbon kit, but you have to have the standard Sedan front bumper (The weird chunky one
6. SES Roof Spoiler or trunk spoiler

Interior:
1. New Radio???
2. Upgraded speakers
3. New Seats, I dont like the cloth seats in my 08 so I am partial to this subject

Other junk:
1. Short throw Shifter
2. Stickers
3. Maybe Eyelids, or cool vinyl graphics.

That's all I can think of right now.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
the eyelids I'm working on, should have mine on next weekend at my club meet, I'll post pics when done so you can see if you like them.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
And lets see some pictures!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
One more thing before I rack out, HID's, I got a pnp set listed in the For Sale area in parts, hit me up if your interested.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I vote that you also invest in some of the Eagle Eyes projector headlights. They seriously change how the front end of your car looks. Here's my car as an example:

Note that with projectors, you can also safely use HIDs without worrying about pissing off everyone in front of you. So if you get a set of projectors (Eagle Eyes or retrofit your own), I would recommend using HIDs to get the most out of them.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Ok here we go:

Exterior:
1. 2009 Coupe Black Headlights, taillights, and grill
2. 2009 Coupe Front Bumper
3. SES Rear Bumper
4. Tint!!!!!

Other junk:
1. Short throw Shifter

That's all I can think of right now.
Strongly agree to the exterior stuff, I have been trying to get some of that stuff for mine as well, just costs a bunch.

The shifter is only if he has a manual trans though, and I am going to guess he don't, Just cause the rarity. And if you do have one, Awesome!

Oh and welcome to the forums. [welcome][thumb][ffrocks]

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I vote that you also invest in some of the Eagle Eyes projector headlights. They seriously change how the front end of your car looks. Here's my car as an example:

Note that with projectors, you can also safely use HIDs without worrying about pissing off everyone in front of you. So if you get a set of projectors (Eagle Eyes or retrofit your own), I would recommend using HIDs to get the most out of them.
If you don't like the fancy smancy LEDs inside your headlights and want a wider beam of light for your HIDs, you can go with a retrofit like this:

Now to go from factory Halogen relfector to True HID projector, It'll set you back about $300 shipped from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

Here is a comparison:
Halogen style projectors with HIDs
HID style projectors with HIDs:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info, it will really help :)

Im so excited to get to work and see what this baby will look like modded. i know a lot of people see the focus a econo-box but I (and you all) can see it has a lot more potential.

Thanks again :)

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Glad we could help, you sound like you got a great plan. look forward to your build.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts