Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am looking at a SVTf engine with 51-56k on it for $1800. I'm not sure if that price is good, but it doesn't seem too far out there. Is there anything I should be aware of when I purchase other than the Intake Control Runner change? I don't know the year quite yet, but the shop I have quoting the work has been really good with communication.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Thats a little high I think. Theres one on eBay for less with 45k miles, and LCRacing was selling brand new ones for around the price you are looking at

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I set Capeli Racing a message to see if they can quote me an engine at a lower cost. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep posting when things turn up.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
there is a guy here in minnesota selling the engine and the tranny for 1200... there is a lot of more things on the package ... so i dont know

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised by RhodySVT's reply. But I'll give it a few days of poking around. Shoot... if I can save, then I'll do it! Focus-Power will sell me a rebuilt engine for a about 2200, but I need to give him a core to exchange. If he'll take mine, then I wonder if that's a better route? 300 more dollars gets me a rebuild one...

Then there's a shop that will quoted a rebuild of my engine for $2000 in parts and labor... that also sounds good. But an engine with 20000 miles less on it is tickling me... thoughts?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
You should really pay no more than 1k. I bought one for 1500 and that included shipping from the midwest to me in florida. So I believe I paid 1k for the engine with 21k miles on it. Please shop around.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
It was just a normal salvage yard. I searched for a good week. I googled "used SVT engines for sale" A lot will pop up, you just need to look and get prices. I even typed in "ford focus svt engine craigslist" and that will give you craigslist listing around everywhere.

·
Registered
711 Posts
car-parts.com is your friend, one near me with a JRSC for like $2800 hehe.

·
Registered
531 Posts
man i just checked that place out, got some good prices on engines just far away from me. even had an svt engine used listed for 600 dollars with 33,000 on the engine. had a ton of engines listed for around $1,000.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i got my engine and tranny off car-part.com and its awesome. good luck

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I can't find one with low enough mileage for the price... :T
What do you mean low enough miles for the price? And what is wrong with the engines your looking at? Also, have you figured out what's wrong with your's. Chances are you might just need the bottom end. My block was blown but my head was fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts