Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im new to this forum and i have a question????

Can someone tell me cheap mod i can do to my Ford Focus Se???? anything at all??

·
Registered
442 Posts
well since we are only blessed with a 100hp engine most mods will yeild relatively minor results.
assuming youre a bit of a diy-selfer you could:

take the final muffler off and put a tip there.
fab up a cold air intake using the stock maf housing
depending on your maintenance you could benefit from some taylor wires and motorcraft copper core plugs gapped to .060 - .065

thats all ive got

after spending under $100 you're engine should breathe a little better, have a smoother idle from the ignition, and have a slight exhaust tone.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well see i dynoed my car and got 135 hp and 135 ftlbs tq to the wheels???

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
lil note, please don't make a ton of threads for the same thing.... do try the search, it really helps lol. helped me quite a few times. [thumb]

well yeah if you remove the rear muffler (technically "resonator") you're gonna get a tone, but not slight [;)] and as mentioned, there's that cheapo intake I wanted to do again (mentioned above, that is) those are good mods though as well, I forgot to mention wires, plugs, and coil pack are great upgrades as well.

helpful hint to what your car would sound like with the resonator cut off:
(erm...... it's a video, I'll find it, really, I swear. it's someone elses...)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
you have another thread already asking for the same advice

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah....i was learning how to use this forum lol sorry about that guys.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i was talking about the last muffler the "lunchbox" i didnt think it was loud at all, even with my svt header attached to it (with a svt cat). are you talking about the main muffler maybe?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Chopping the resonator off will have a little bit of a ricer-souding tone; if you know what I mean. It'll also yield no performance gain, just sound. If I were you, I would save up for a nice cat-back and a cold air intake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts