·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 ford focus se base auto 90k pzev
Lunch box delete
17'' wheels
Loud and slow

I need idea's head' headers'valves'throttle body' intake runner delete? Non pzev headers? High flow cat? Im not looking for insane hp or tq just some to show off lmao no power from a dig at all almost like it bogs also not insane amount of money back yard build works at napa any advice is helpful again this car is dead slow from a dig help me lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
2011 ford focus se base auto 90k pzev
Lunch box delete
17'' wheels
Loud and slow

I need idea's head' headers'valves'throttle body' intake runner delete? Non pzev headers? High flow cat? Im not looking for insane hp or tq just some to show off lmao no power from a dig at all almost like it bogs also not insane amount of money back yard build works at napa any advice is helpful again this car is dead slow from a dig help me lol
Swap in a 2.5l out of a fusion.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Id change spark plugs (personally i dont recommend the Ar103s..) check the motor mounts. And consider getting a poly rear motor/trans mount. That helped my car a lot

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Id change spark plugs (personally i dont recommend the Ar103s..) check the motor mounts. And consider getting a poly rear motor/trans mount. That helped my car a lot
Have you ever tried or dyno tested the Autolite AR103 plugs in the Duratec Engine , My bet is you havent

Curious why you wouldnt recommend them ?

Tom

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used them for a while with a .55 gap and the car ran weird (especially with the ac/defrost) It felt like it struggled after stoplights and in warm weather. I went to motor craft double platinum recently and it feels much better. Just my experience with them though. (All i have is a steeda sri and muffler delete right now btw)

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
There is a very special way you have to gap the AR series plug and I have never seen anyone with the correct tool to set the gap , the gap shouldnt of been changed and more then likely you were over .065-.070 because the gap isnt set the same with the wire cut back , its a mistake many make

By your description thats exactly what happen

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a very special way you have to gap the AR series plug and I have never seen anyone with the correct tool to set the gap , the gap shouldnt of been changed and more then likely you were over .065-.070 because the gap isnt set the same with the wire cut back , its a mistake many make

By your description thats exactly what happen

Tom
If i get these then what are the correct gap ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts