Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a i think a common problem with a focus....i have a 2000 se focus wagon...and it seems that the tumblers in my ignition [where my key goes] has seized up...well good news is...i figured out how to crank the car without having to turn the key...but that leaves my steering wheel lock on...i would not be so worried about it but i have no choice...i dont have the 500 bucks to get it fixed and i need my job...to get it fixed hahaha...any help on this fellas? any way i can rig my poor focus to be drivable for the next few weeks? in that case any way to fix the lock?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Mike over at Hilbish Ford will sell the ignition assembly for a pretty reasonable price, but you will still need a locksmith to do the work to make it usable with your key. I know that several locksmiths in my area are familiar with this way to common (needing a warranty extension way to common type thing) problem and I'm sure where you are they are as well.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Actually, if you get in touch with Mike, he can help you out by setting up the ignition cylinder so it will work with your current keys. I had him do one for me and he assembled the tumblers for me using my VIN# and it works with my existing keys. I drove over to Hilbish to get mine done, but I think if you order it from him, you'll have to fill out some forms to prove you are the owner of the car. Regardless, he'll be able to save you some money and hassles. Send him a PM and see what he says.

edit: I just saw that you're from Charlotte. If you have the time to swing by there, he can put one together for you in person. It'll take you about 10 minutes to change it out, and you'll be good to go.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Hawkeye, who are you getting your info from? if i do the cylinder, it will work with the keys he has now. Theres no reprogramming or anything else to be done. If he is in Charlotte, i could easily hook him up. Call me at 704-938-3131. I have built over 300 of these things for the members on here.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mike,
How about answering your PM's?
Thanks!
flip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts