Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving my car under 50 mph you can feel something loping or almost grinding under the floor boards of the car. You can also hear a slight grinding or loping noise. I thought it was bad tires, which were the original Firestone's which I had replaced this morning with Nankang's. The noise has mostly gone away, but the feeling under the car is still there.

I was think it could be wheel bearings or transaxles or possibly even the alignment. I am kind of ruling out the alignment because the car does not pull in any direction that I can see.

What does everyone else think? Do you think this could be fixed under warrenty? The car has 31K on it.

Thanks,

Joe

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
being out of alignment doesn't mean its always gonna pull to a direct...could be a wheel bearing if it kinda is loping.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought, wouldn't you notice a wheel bearing at all speeds? I only notice this below 50 to 55 mph.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
JoeZX3 said:
... you can feel something loping ... You can also hear a slight grinding or loping noise.

Do you think this could be fixed under warrenty?
Thats odd. From where I am, I can't feel or hear either of those things. You may check with Ford, this may be a warranty issue but I doubt its a warrenty issue. [thumb]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts