Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How to paint my kit.

• Leave it alone, it goes well w/ the scheme.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Paint it all color match.

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Do that slick ass 2 tone roll!

Votes: 3 12.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED! Help me decide.

Im gonna get my kit painted Mon. This is my dilema, well not a dilema, but whatever.
I was planning to Paint my rear lip color match, and my side skirts in rear color match up to where it rolls under. I was gonna roll the green under along with the line of the skirt and leave it black from there up and leave the front dam black as well.
But I've had a lot of people tell me to leave it black, it looks good that way. Or I could paint it all color match, wich I don't think I want to do. But lets see what you all think.

Vote, and give me feed back, thanx my fellow addicts, enthusiasts, lovers and freaks. I appreciate as always.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
i say color match the entire kit, but thats just me... it kinda makes it look like its part of the car, and not something you added, if you know what i mean

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Get it all the same color...unless you are going to do a true 2 tone paint job on the car....a body kit of a different color just look dumb and quite ricey....like you forgot to paint or something....look at pics of euro foci to get some inspiration on how to paint your whip. Not trying to flame you or anything....just my $.02.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't usually like to much Euro designs. Anybody have photoshop that could take the profile view and do that roll, and the color match, so I could compare? That would be sooo helpfull, if I could see it both ways.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Oh..and another thing about having black on the bottom of your car...black shows chips and imperfections of the paint really bad...after a while of driving....it'll look bad sadly :(

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Go with the roll.....

Make it look unique!

I say the roll... or keep it black.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
It would look soo much better color matched......

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
color match. i definately think otherwise it looks like you bought the kit and then ran out of funds to complete the project. you dont want to run around town looking like an 89 civic dx do you? lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cbrenn71 said:
color match. i definately think otherwise it looks like you bought the kit and then ran out of funds to complete the project. you dont want to run around town looking like an 89 civic dx do you? lol
lol, well no, but I really like the black, just not in the back. It just goes with all my trim, and lights and spoilers and tint so nicely. IMO. And I've actually had so many people around town tell me to leave it the way it is. But I can't deal w/ the rear like that, but I like the front and sides. Thats why I thought bout rolling the paint w/ the line of the skirt, the black front lip w/ the black heads and the black grills looks so mean!!. I dunno. I'm also afraid that if its all color matched, it will make my rims and all my trim look out of place. But it would make the car look lower. Ahhhh!!![???:)] [?|]

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
hmmm...i actually like the black & green thing you have going but the color match would be good too......wow, it is a dilema...lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
burninbright said:
hmmm...i actually like the black & green thing you have going but the color match would be good too......wow, it is a dilema...lol
Yeah, see. Thats why I'm really leaning toward the blending the two colors together. It would totally flow with the color scheme Ive got going. And I love my black and green too, thank you. I think if it was actually done, and you could look at it, it would look sweet. Im leaning that way guys. Somebody needs to be a pal and do that photoshop for me, it'll just take a minute. Help a brotha out here, please. I know a lot of peeps here got the photoshop kickin. And as much as we are all on here, I know someone has the time on their hands.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i say leave it as it is, it looks freaken awsome black goes with anything so that looks clean.....at first i thought you wanted it like that, please leave it :)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I kinda like how it looks now. If you ever consider it, paint the kit plus paint the side moldings and the door handles and paint the mirrors SVT style. I think that would look slick.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
madmark10 said:
i say leave it as it is, it looks freaken awsome black goes with anything so that looks clean.....at first i thought you wanted it like that, please leave it :)
I did want it like that originally, and I still do. But if you read my other posts here in this thread you'll see that I had a prob. with the rear lip not blending the way I thought it should. So I want to color match the rear lip with the car, so it blends w/ the bumper the way I thought it should. But in order to do that, I need the side skirts to bridge the gap between black front, and green rear. Thats where the 2 tone roll comes into play. And I actually have decided that , that is what Im gonna do. I appreciate all of your opinions, and especially all of you that have backed up my whole black deal. And those of you that like it black, as well as myself, I think are gonna love this scheme I got in mind here. I also think a lot of you that were opposed, once you see it, you'll like it to. I will post pics of my car when it comes out of the shop. Be sure to watch, and tell me what you think of the outcome of my decision.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump for update.
Well its in the shop. It's getting the roll paint effect on the side skirts, but the body man kinda thought of a way to make it look even better, you'll have to wait and see. And I also am having the side moldings color matched. Pics as soon as its out!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
DEFinately match the entire kit!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
madmark10 said:
you say the color of green/black was accident......damn i wish i had accidents like that :-D
NO, I didn't say that. I've done the green and black on purpose from the very begining.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts