Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 02 SVTF w/ Eibach Sportlines makes a banging sound when I go over moderate to large bumps. Is this a concern? It occurs both on the initial hit and when the car raises up and the suspension tops out. I'm completely new to this car and non-factory lowered cars so I'm not sure what to expect. However, I at least know it's not bottoming out,... it's not that low. [:)]

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
764 Posts
Of course it should be a concern, your car could explode into flames and the motor could fall out! jokeing of course. What size are these bumps? This could be the suspension it self topping and bottoming out. That would be a very big problem. You should let a qualified tech check it out though.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
has it been doing this since the beginning? when i lowered mine it did this. i eventually figure out that the threaded portion of the strut dampeners weren't long enough. as a result, the entire strut assembly was slapping around whenever i hit a bump. solution: washers in between top of bearing plate and the dampener's retaining nut.

if the sound's from the back, make sure the top shock nut is tight. mine gets loose and makes some noise from time to time.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts