Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay mine is an 06 but I really like the spring rate of the steeda springs. I know I need to change some stuff up front to make it work since steeda doesn't make springs for my year focus but, I keep hearing different things about there springs how really there just rebranded eibach with a higher price tag any one know if the spring rate really is F:160 R:280? I really like how the rear is much stiffer so it would really cure the understeer so I wouldn't mind the hassle of making it work for me if they really have that spring rate. Also I dont want to go lower than 1.5 maybe like 1.8 because I don't want to roll the fenders wen I put on some 17's. If they really are eibachs what would you guys recommend? I know that h&r race with koni yellows are very good but that's too stiff for me and to low also my car is my dd. I heard h&r sports with Komi yellow dampers is also a really good combo but I don't know the spring rate except that there progressive.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Okay, the FIRST thing to think about is your LONG TERM objective with your modifications.

You DON'T want to buy something that is PERFECT for a particular purpose, THEN find out that it doesn't fit the use you REALLY want to put the car to...

In my case, the change to SVT springs & dampers was PERFECT = I wanted a LITTLE lower and enough stiffer to handle high speeds & "spirited" cornering, BUT i didn't want it to beat me to death on long trips... OR in daily driving....

It's a LITTLE bit of a "Crap Shoot", trying to pick what you want without being able to TRY the options THEN select one - BUT, if you read enough here, you'll get a "feel' for what the pluses & minuses are of various setups...

BTW - Springs & shocks give the car it's basic "stance", Fine tuning of oversteer & understeer comes from the options avail. with sway bars & their linkages....

17's are NO problem with the proper tire size, since they were STOCK on the SVT models, and you DON'T want to change the overall diameter of the combo when changing wheel sizes....

Luck!

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
With an 06 you'll be needing the Massive Omni Kit to use 00-05 shocks/springs. I started with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and FRPP dampers, and I thought I liked it. After a while, though, I realized the Eibachs were too soft for me. I kept the same dampers and upgraded to the FRPP progressive springs, and I love it. It's got a nice drop, no need to roll fenders, good handling, but not too stiff for a DD. I am extremely happy with my choice, even though it took settling for something else first to come across.

My car with this setup (The drop will look a little lower, since I'm on grass, so go by fender gap, not overall height)

le Colonel Show by Focus Dave, on Flickr

In general, the feeling I'm getting is that Eibach springs tend to be softer than other springs in the same category. If you want a mild drop, go with FRPP (not considering 00-05 springs). If you want more drop, consider the H&Rs or some coilovers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts