Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Saleen wheel/tire package. It's flippin' amazing! BUT I don't know what they should be inflated to. Sidewall says max is 50, so it's sitting at 42-44 now.

What's the nominal pressure? PM ME with the number so I can get it at work on my cell, and REP WILL BE GIVEN. I want to adjust ASAP if I'm wrong!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Set them at the stock recommended PSI. Do not set them at what is on the sidewall of the tire. That's the MAXIMUM not what is optimum. After a while play with the PSI in 2 lb increments at first to find what you feel is the optimum for handling and ride. It'll probably end up in the 32 to 38 psi range.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If u set them at the maximum the tire will wear out too fast, the factory recommendation gives u the best psi as far as safety, wear and gas mileage.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
My general rule for fwd cars is, 2-3psi high in the front and 2-3psi low in the rear

currently I run 35psi in the front and 29psi in the rear. Seems to help keep the rear end glued while still allowing great front traction and good feedback if the tires are going to break loose

at the autoX I usually run anywhere from 32-41 in the front and 99% of the time 26 in the rear

Also, for street driving you can usually go +/-6psi without major worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts