Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP MY MOM LOCKED MY KEYS IN THE CAR WITH THE REMOTE FOR THE NEW ALRM INSTALL I DID THE CAR REARMED AND SHE LEFT THE KEYS ON THE SEAT. I NEED HELP ANY ONE KNOWS WHERE THE TRUNK HARNESS RUNS IF ITS UNDER THE CAR SOME WHERE I CAN SHORT IT TO OPEN TRUN HAVE SPARE ALARM REMOTE IN THERE. ANY OTHER SUGGESTION GREATLY APPRECIATED. WHERE IS THAT CREMINAL FRIEND WHEN YOU NEED HIM. HELP HELP HELP I NEED MY BABY ABCK I AHD TO TAKE A BUS HOME.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Call a Lock Smith!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did the guy here at the ford dealership only scratch up my glass and dented my car. more suggestions please

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
I'm afraid you need a locksmith. The wiring for the hatch runs up through the headliner and into the top of the hatch- before it gets there it runs on the inside of the car under the carpet and behind panels. Ford's are very theft proof. If you bought your car from the dealer, you might want to try to give them a call and see if there is any way for them to know what your key code is.

It's times like this that I remember to have spare keys made. Good luck!!

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
you dont have two keys? well, yea obviously not lol. Gonna have to get it towed and have ford opening or a lock smith.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow its amazing how you all take for granted that I have the third world ford dealer. the dealer here Mc Intyre Bro's have not the slightest clue what to do and nope they done have a key cutter that can copy ford keys wow and there the dealership. Yes i do have two keys but they were in the ignition where they live, I dont worry about teft its one of two on the island, just have the alarm for the remote start and to keep people from leaning on it. so am pretty much on my own with this one. Hint guys am thinking of going in trough the spare wheel well. fingeres crossed

·
Registered
696 Posts
What about the universal key?

It usually works.

[thumb]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^

hahaha. Niiiice!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Dealers can cut keys from the VIN.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Well, it's either a locksmith or break the cheapest window to replace.

But while on the subject of keys, a friendly hint to those without three keys.

If you have two keys, you can buy a third spare key containing the anti-theft chip for $10-25 and synchronize the third key's chip yourself. If you only have two keys and lose one, you have to go to the dealer to have a new second key's chip synchronized, often costing an extra $50-60 to the cost of the new key.

It is a wise person who buys a third key now and synchs it to their car.

So if you only have the single key and you decide to make a second, go for a third key at the same time to stash away at home.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hm... The first month I had my car I locked the keys inside and was 600 miles from home. I found a coathanger and got it open. Only took about 2 minutes once I got it inside the rubber door surround. Not my best time but it worked!

·
Registered
696 Posts
lol, yeah, that'll work too. Or, you can get one of those magnet key holders, that goes under a fender or something and superglue that bitch there until you'd need the key. Atleast then it won't fall off the fender if you hit a bump.

[thumb]

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I locked my keys in my car once and the locksmith had this cool little device he used to save the day. First, he pulled out a plastc wedge to pry open the door just a hair. Then he had inflatable bag (it kind of looked like a sphygmomanometer) that he slid in the tiny opening. He removed the wedge, and started pumping up the bag, and when there was enough space to stick a hook down in the door to unlock it, I was saved! w00t! [woot]

·
Registered
351 Posts
i second the magnetic keyholder. i had one for 4 years and it never fell off. I put it on the topside of the exhaust heat shield.

but to get in the car now, if you are in THAT desolate of an area, then you should'nt be surprised if you have to break the window. but you'd better believe i'd be in there with a coat hanger for 16 hours before i did that. use a REALLY LONG wire, and go across the car to the other door so you can see where you're aiming and punch the power unlock.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
good luck getting in. once you do order one of those keypads. you punch in a sequence of numbers and it unlocks the doors. you can get it from steeda i believe. i had one on my old explorer. it was great!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm hoping that by now you've gotten into your car without having to break anything. As for extra keys, I found out that you can have a key cut at Wal-Mart. It won't start the car but it will open the door. So if they've been locked inside you can get to them. I use a small zip tie to attach it under the car to the ........... Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
^^yep, i got a few cheap keys that open the doors. one in my wallet, one in the house, one in a magnet thing under the car. I locked the keys in my car before i had 100 miles on it, actually, the first time i parked it at home. I called ford and they sent a guy with this nifty little tool. It took him about 10 seconds to get in.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
HyBalz said:
I'm hoping that by now you've gotten into your car without having to break anything. As for extra keys, I found out that you can have a key cut at Wal-Mart. It won't start the car but it will open the door. So if they've been locked inside you can get to them. I use a small zip tie to attach it under the car to the ........... Good Luck!!
i was going to say the same thing, theyre cheap and itll open the door, a friend of mine once opened my passenger door w/ a box cutter........he just stuck the safety edge in it and turned, try a screwdriver but not hard

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
go to autozone and buy a slimjim. cost about 15 bucks, and worth every penny.

i do recommend using a papertowl or something between the glass and the slimjim so you dont scratch up your glass anymore, but after a lil practice you can open doors in under 5 secs. You'll be the go-to man for all your friends when there keys get locked in.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Poney said:
go to autozone and buy a slimjim. cost about 15 bucks, and worth every penny.

i do recommend using a papertowl or something between the glass and the slimjim so you dont scratch up your glass anymore, but after a lil practice you can open doors in under 5 secs. You'll be the go-to man for all your friends when there keys get locked in.

Just don't keep the slimjim in the car.
[:D]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts