Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so iv been reading around theres this extra small like 1/2 inch pipe right on top of the header... im reading that its possibly a PZEV part air pump or something? how is it removed what is the deal with all this shit?? if youve done it b4 please call me im in the middle of it now. 631-901-6388 ~~Will

·
Registered
90 Posts
if its egr it would flow towards the intake manifold. Not sure if you delete anything except an o2 sensor when installing

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
O2 senser?

so iv been reading around theres this extra small like 1/2 inch pipe right on top of the header... im reading that its possibly a PZEV part air pump or something? how is it removed what is the deal with all this shit?? if youve done it b4 please call me im in the middle of it now. 631-901-6388 ~~Will
Perhap's a O2 senser? If so you have to remove it from your old manifold, & put it on the header. Use anti-seaze on the thread's, but don't get any on the sensor part that goes in the header.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Havent worked on a PZEV car before, sorry

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i got everything on. i think i got a lil leak in my flex area. going to meinake tmrw to get a once over my guys real good

·
Registered
46 Posts
so i got everything on. i think i got a lil leak in my flex area. going to meinake tmrw to get a once over my guys real good
If you think you have a leak in the flex just jack the car up, and while its running get someone to plug the tail pipe with a rag and just listen/feel around the flanges for any air, it should be pretty noticable if there is a leak. I thought I had a leak after my install but I checked it and got my friend who is a mechanic to check and we couldn't find any leaks. I'm guessing with all the extra air flow it sounds a lot different than stock and not just how loud it makes the exhaust note....or maybe im retarded and I do have a leak haha but I am pretty sure I don't.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
What did you do about the extra pzev part?
I know exactly what You mean by it,I almost bought a header that had that on it and had to cancel as my Car is non pzev.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
That extra pipe was on the early F2 models. It is designed so you could hook up the Air Injection Pump into the stock exhaust. Then we all realized you don't need to do that as its only point was to pre-heat the catalyst which the header deletes. You should just plug that pipe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it came to be no problem... i feel like i lost a little pick up though. maybe i need the tune? its sounds great. a lil on the high tone of the ricer sound for me, but its ok. it still has a lil hisssss i feel when im at high rpm. maybe still a small leak?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Tune w/ a header!

yeah it came to be no problem... i feel like i lost a little pick up though. maybe i need the tune? its sounds great. a lil on the high tone of the ricer sound for me, but its ok. it still has a lil hisssss i feel when im at high rpm. maybe still a small leak?
I 'd for sure get a tune rolling, to take advantage of the exhaust really flowing now!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ya you definitely lose some bottom end but there are definitely huge top end gains. My xcal just came in yesterday but unfortunately im not at home for the weekend. So next week I'll let you know how much of a difference the tune makes

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You need a tune if you dont have one. That simple.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
A tune will optimize how the engine runs with the new modifications. It will also disable the rear O2 sensor that is no longer needed after the header install (and will throw a code eventually). Improving the efficiency of the engine through the tune is usually good for around 5WHP depending on how good it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright cool. so i still hear a exhuast leak after the 1st fix. anyone else have issues with this? its small and subtle but its annoying the shit outa me. i only hear it at high rpm too

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Snug up the bolts a bit. If that doesn't work a new gasket will probably be needed depending on where its actually leaking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i figured its the gasket, i gota bring it bak to the meinake that help me out in the 1st place. they did a good job, but they didnt take it out for a test drive to listen a lil extra bit. ill see what they say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts