Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Finally going to pick up my focussport intake, and im not really sure how to install it, is anyone in my area that knows how its done to lend a hand? Im in Delray Beach...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
it's probably the easiest intake to install and it comes with directions. you should be ok on your own.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep. Dont hesitate to do it yourself. You will feel a lot better once you are in there with your hands dirty. It is very straightforward and Im sure anyone here will loan you some chat room help if you run into problems.
-Jeff

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey whats up?? I installed my FS CAI in less than 2 hours. That includes taking off my stock intake puting it back on moving my car and then starting over. If u need help just give me a call 626 644 6770. Laterz

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Did you get the cool flo or the actual cai? I have the cool flo and I did it in about 45 min, 15 or so of that was just getting the angled rubber connector right and the filter straight so you can read ITG on it....that included removing the stock stuff

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, thanks for the encouragement, and im getting a the cool flo, should i not get it? is it not a real CAI?

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Yes and no. It has the heat shield to prevent the excess engine heat from warming the air. But it uses the stock intake hose from the maf to the TB. I left my stock snorkle on there so that more cold air gets to the filter, but this intake generally sucks air from the gap from around the hood and front 1/4 panel and from air thats getting blown from under the fender and what not. Its kinda of a cross between a ram air and a cold air.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, well, assuming i get the cool flo, could i get a replacement hose afterward? is it even worth it? or should i just pay the extra 30 bucks for a full out CAI?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Just pay the extra $30 for the cai bro. Trust me, you'll love it. And I installed my Volant in about 25-30 mins w/ no directions, and I'd never done it before. Its simple yo, you'll be fine.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
If you do go for the CAI, get a bypass valve. That will basically help prevent engine lock from it sucking water through the intake. It may seem like a few extra bucks now, but itll save you alot of heart ache in the future, and money, especailly with the big puddles south florida can get during and after huge storms and hurricanes!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright, well whats a good idea? i cant get a volant, they dont offer one for the 03 2.0 zetec, i was thinking a K&N Typhoon short ram, or an iceman CAI..

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Torche said:
alright, well whats a good idea? i cant get a volant, they dont offer one for the 03 2.0 zetec, i was thinking a K&N Typhoon short ram, or an iceman CAI..
umm all the zetecs are the same everything will fit

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, i tried lookin up a volant under my exact car, and it said it would only fit up to an 02'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts