Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help identifying these wheels. They are aluminum. The owner claims they are a stock rim from some car but didn't tell me of course. They sure don't look stock. He uses them to race, the offset makes them stick out a little, but unknown how much exactly.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
From the looks of them, they are from a rear wheel drive car possibly an 80's era Fox body like the Mustang, if not stock then an aftermarket rim to fit them, assuming its the 4x108 bolt pattern. The reason I say they are for a rear wheel drive car is because off the apparent offset of the rims being they are a bit concave on the outside of them, opposed to flat or convex for a standard front wheel drive rim.

Basically if you were to put that rim onto a Focus the rim would stick out an inch or two past the fender.

This link can provide a bit more insight https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061222201918AAyltOt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They do stick out past the fender. They are from a rear wheel drive car. We race on dirt oval tracks and the rules say we need to use "Stock" rims. I asked the tech guy at the track and he said they were from a rear wheel drive car but couldn't remember which kind of car. They don't look stock to me but maybe they are....
Maybe they are American Racer Outlaw II. http://www.cjponyparts.com/american-racing-wheel-14x7-outlaw-ii-4-lug-natural-1965-1973/p/W126-V/
Are these stock or similar to stock on any mustang? It says 1965-1973.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Those AR Outlaw 2's do look like the rims you pictured, however at least to me they look to me like they are steel rims instead of the aluminum rims that the AR O2's are.

While I am not a Mustang expert, personally speaking I do not think the are stock rims. However there are so many rim styles out there, and many aftermarket ones that look like stock rims it is really hard for me to say for sure.

I do like the look of them however of the steel rims with holes around the edge of it. The winter tire rims for my 95 Caprice SS are mounted on AR-767 rims, and the stock 15" "police" rims have a similar look to them.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Doubt they're "stock" from anything.

Typical for inexpensive aftermarket with the fake bolt setup to mimic muti-piece racing type wheels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You could have took some better pictures of my car. It's comical how your so worried about my car when I built this car 100% by our track rules and the tech inspector oked the rims before I bought them. As a matter of fact they are 14" STEEL rims off a vintage mustang 70's I would guess. How do I post pictures on here? Or just go on google yourself!

Go back to your neon forum and do some more illegal mods to your slow neon. Oh, you totaled it I heard

[ohcrap]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot about this post. It was pretty dark, couldn't get better pictures. Not worried about your car, just wondering if we could run something like this. I know the tech guy said they were ok. But you don't know what year Mustang? I heard you had a run in with the tech guy last weekend. It might not be totaled. And we are 100% legal.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have pictures I found on google of them I couldn't tell you the year nor does it matter because I'm done with Princeton speedway. I was totally screwed and stabbed in the back by them. In many ways the whole class was. Feel free to ask Tim or Brandon I'm sure they have a great excuse for Saturday night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They deleted your post on facebook in the group. The guy who won on saturday is cheated up? What are you going to do now that you arent racing?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Uhhh oooo!

·
Registered
176 Posts
They deleted your post on facebook in the group. The guy who won on saturday is cheated up? What are you going to do now that you arent racing?
For one, he didn't bring a set of his own rules, #2 the rules the track printed (Imca) he didn't pass just doing a visual inspection #3 they called my car illegal because of the rims, and refused to tech or do anything to his car #4 they had Kenny (who they fired) tech the cars and NOT the "new" hornet tech inspector

I'm borrowing my car out for granite city then it's getting crushed. I've been working on building a monster truck for over 5 years, I'm going to focus on that and maybe possible build a new car and race at a different track that actually cares about the racers and not there money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts