Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered a new antenna that should be here today, and i was gonna ask before i try to install the antenna and risk messing anything up if theres anything wrong with my antenna base. For some reason it looks different than any other focus one i have seen, it has this thereaded black plastic piece on the end? IS it supposed to be there? WHat is it? i havent seen this piece on any other focus antenna base please help.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ps i bought my car with the antenna missing, in case i seem stupid to not know whats wrong.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
See if the 'adapter' turns out.
The pic's on ebay of the Focus antenna base is how it should look to fit the factory or shorty antenna:

It's probably an adapter to fit an aftermarket antenna.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A lot of cheaper universal replacement antennas come with an assortment of adapters. This black plastic threaded piece appears to be one of these adapters. However, plastic isn't conductive. I'm betting it's another material that looks like plastic, and is slightly seized on to the metal threaded rod coming out of the antenna base.

Regardless, grab it with a pair of pliers and unscrew it!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Regardless, grab it with a pair of pliers and unscrew it!
Well, be more careful than that, the factory threaded stud is pretty weak. If it doesn't twist off easily, spray some penetrating lubricant into that hole at the end and give it some time to soak and work, looks like a perfect place for that.

EDIT: Just realized this was from last night, 5 make believe internet dollars says he busted it! That stud is just fragile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts