Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and i dont own a focus. I own a volvo s60R. From what II've been told and maybe i just suck with google, in Europe there is a Ford focus st using the same inline 5 motor as my car. What I'm hoping for is to find a bolt on supercharger for the same engine. Something that looks as good as it performs. Not just a home made mounting bracket and cob job to throw one in. I do realize that those engines are turbo charged as mine is. And I dont plan to give it up. I've got a used one I'm rebuilding right now. It will be bored, and cryo-ed, sleeved, with forged pitons, and rods that are cryo-ed as well as ceramic coated. A rebuild head with hd valve springs. New plasma injectors and plasma plugs.

I want to twin charge her. The only s60r built like this. The SC will disengage at 3-4k rpm-s and a bypass valve will open allowing only the turbo to run from mid range to highend.

I knkw tthis isa focus forum, but we share a motor from Europe and that's why I'mlooking for help here.

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
We actually dont share an engine , the US never had the 5 Cyl Volvo turbocharged ST or RS
To help answer your question your wasting your time , your far better off doing a proper turbo and being done with it

Also the cryo is a waste of time and money

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was why i specified. The European ford focus st. 5 cyl. Hoping someone here had worked with one or there were leerkers from Europe on here and happened to see it. I'll waste it how I see fit. Thanks Though For The Insightful response.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey Mate,

We have those here in australia known as the Focus XR5Turbo. I highly doubt you will find a supercharger setup for what you are talking about. The amount of power the engine can make in stock form is quite impressive to begin with, we have people here running 400bhp engines with bolt ons.

I would assume you would be wanting to run a Roots or twin screw style Supercharger as a Centrifugal supercharger wouldnt help you at all.

I honestly dont think you will find a off the shelf SC unit for what you are after. You can try joining fordxr5turbo.com and seeing if they have any suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts