Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm new at this. this is my first car. I'm 22 and I'm in the middle of my deployment. i want to know what I need to do to beef up my car. i don't need a lot. just want to make it faster but keep good MPH. i want to spend no more then 4 grand. I do love my car and i hate that people take me for a joke when i drive it. i want to do this before i get back. if you don't know a deployment is about a year long for the army and agen im in the middle of mine.

·
Registered
446 Posts
OK so I'm new at this. this is my first car. I'm 22 and I'm in the middle of my deployment. i want to know what I need to do to beef up my car. i don't need a lot. just want to make it faster but keep good MPH. i want to spend no more then 4 grand. I do love my car and i hate that people take me for a joke when i drive it. i want to do this before i get back. if you don't know a deployment is about a year long for the army and agen im in the middle of mine.
Well like we tell everyone there is a search button for a reason and a duratec tuning and mod section. But. CAI . exhaust . Header. Turbo. Light weight pulleys. Are just some examples of what you can buy for 4k.......not all of it....new but used sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
so,,,,,,,,

hey whats up pal, good luck out there in the army.

what motor do you have(spi, zetec, duratec) what are you looking for hp wise, how much experience do you have in tuning?

some basic questions we like to know.

my first choice is too work on the suspension get it set up stop when you need it.. then work on getting some good tires and light wheels if you fancy.

then i would work on going turbo with a kit.. basically i think that alone will make your little engine that could piss some people off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well like i said im new at this. i mean to the whole car thing and to looking thru fourms. i dont know what to look for most the time.i will be looking for what you told me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well lets just say im a new too all of it. i dont have any experience in tuning. thats why im asking for help.i dont know what kind of engine i have and i can find out well because my car is in the states and im not. i have a friend who is going to get it all done for me im just paying for every thing when im over here. yes i trust him he saved my life last deployment

·
Registered
446 Posts
well like i said im new at this. i mean to the whole car thing and to looking thru fourms. i dont know what to look for most the time.i will be looking for what you told me
Its all good ;-) but your car has a duratec motor and it will either be a 2.0 or a 2.3 motor. The list is long and mods work well with our motors. Cams. Port and polish. Cold air intake. Exhaust and header. Turbo. Suspensions upgrades like coilovers or lowering springs .o

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see thats stuff i need to know. i was thinking about going with a turbo, port and polish, and a cold air intake. maybe a better exhaust.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ya if your wanting turbo fswerkz is your best bet and best company you can buy from they are a focus tuning and aftermarket company based CA but there is also topspeed as well and they are also very good for focus community. But if your going turbo you will need to upgrade you engine internals as well .....arp block bolts. Pistons. Piston rods. Stage two cams at least. Aftermarket intake manifold. These are just some of the things that are required .
You can run the duratec motor about 9-11 psi (which is about 200ish hp) on a stock motor but
anything after that you will kill your motor but ANYtime you turbo you need to tune it

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
hey whats up pal, good luck out there in the army.

what motor do you have(spi, zetec, duratec) what are you looking for hp wise, how much experience do you have in tuning?
Question 1= duratec, they discontinued all spi's and zetec's in 2004
Question 2= see firt post, no experience

It would be good for the op to read up on the forum below, escepially the first 3 threads, all great bolt-on performance stuff.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Good luck on your deployment, come home safe!!!
Thank you for your service

Welcome to FF![welcome][ffrocks]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You can run 11 to 12 psi all day long no problem on a stock motor. While your down range is the best time to buy what you want thats what I did. Have fun save up you will also get travel pay when you get back it's $5 for every day you where deployed its about $1200 bucks, and stay cool I know the sun seem's like it 5 feet over you'r head lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts