Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2011 Focus to the dealer for service after my engine light came on...I was told 2 injectors were completely chewed and destroyed by "critters".
The service manager recommended I place moth balls placed in socks around the area to prevent this from happening again. I have no idea where or how to place them. Where do I start, and can anyone recommend another solution?
Keeping my car in a garage in not an option, nor is another $500 repair!

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
mice and squirrels love wires. especially when cold out, they love to look for warm spaces to stay and the wires are like twizzlers to them. ive seen my fair share of wires destroyed and air and cabin filter housings full of nests. id say to look into the sprays that they make for household items that have a bitter taste to them that prevent cats and dogs from doing the same. id be very careful with what you spray.

id try what the service manager says 1st. fill up a sock with mothballs and after the engine is cool lay it on top where the injectors are.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Mice are a big issue for many people. I have seen dryer sheets keep the mice away from the areas where they are placed. But you need to many to be really effective. The best solution i have used is fox or coyote urine. spray a little on the engine, the battery, air box cover and anything else at risk of mice. It will keep them away from the entire car. Urine is available from most sporting goods stores.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts