Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Ford Focus SE with a 2.0L engine, and I need to get the alternator replaced. Is there an easy way to try and find out what kind of alternator I have? I don't know if it's a 110, 120 or 130 amp alternator, and I've looked online and cannot find a way to check.

·
Registered
692 Posts
So if you look at RockAuto the alternators are divided by manual transmission, automatic transmission, California emissions, and non California emissions. I believe the California emissions vehicle may have had a smog pump and that's why it required a higher output alternator. I would also buy the alternator at RockAuto you can sometimes get a brand new one from them for the same price as a remanufactured one from a parts store.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
So if you look at RockAuto the alternators are divided by...
Yes, divided by multiple things... and 99% of people do not know where their car Alt lies after those estimates, divisions, and multiple manufacture choices. Madness, unless you know exact car config facts that you only might know. Yeah, I said that. Pft!

...Is there an easy way to try and find out what kind of alternator I have?...
Sadly, no, or not that I know of.

If you pull out an OEM Alt, pls post the part number here in this thread.

When I had my 2004 original Alt fail, I called my local Ford Parts Dept and they were unsure of my Alt specs even after providing my VIN. Cheese and rice! I think they really-really did not know -and/or- they were FISHING for me to bring my car to them.

I found out my exact Alt part number ONLY after removing it, and looking at it in my hand.

2003-2004 2.3 (PZEV) Duratec engine Alternator info:
The OEM Alt is a Visteon 1S7T-BE

·
Registered
175 Posts
I recently changed the alternator for my car, and the way I decided it was with comparing the seller's pictures with the one in my car, it also helped to contact the seller to confirm it. The one I ordered was an 80 amp for a 1.6 engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts