Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DID'NT KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS, BUT SINCE THE CAR IS AN SVT AND AN SVT DEALER DID THE WORK...

I GOT MY BABY VANDALIZED LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO, SO I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER TO HAVE THE HOOD REPAINTED... EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL LIKE A 2 WEEKS AGO WHEN I STARTED NOTICING VERY SMALL DENTS ,TINY... BUT THIS ARE NOT REGULAR DENTS... FIRST OF ALL THEY ARE FROM THE INSIDE OUT... LIKE TINY BUBBLES... BUT THEY ARE HARD!!! AND THE PAINT IS NOT DAMAGED OR PEELED.... ITS AS IF MY HOOD HAD AN ACNE PROBLEM!!!! AND EVERY DAY I SEE IT MORE AND MORE!!!

I AM CERTAIN THAT THEY ARE NOT FROM ROCKS OR DEBRY FROM THE HIGHWAYS, AS I DRIVE OTHER CARS, TO AND FROM THE SAME PALCES, AND THIS ONE (SVTF) IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THE PROBLEM

I AM PLANING ON GOING TO THE DEALER AND GETTING IT FIXED BY WARRANTY ON THE PAINT JOB... BUT... I AM ALMOST CERTAIN THAT THE DEALER IS GOING TO GIVE ME A HARD TIME....

PLEASE GUYS... I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!! HOW SHOULD I APPROACH THIS AT THE DEALER??? HOW CAN I CONVINCE THEM???
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED...

P.S. SINCE THIS IS AN SVT... WOULD THE DEALER GIVE ME A RENTAL IF THEY FIX THE PROBLEM UNDER WARANTY??

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
it sounds like there is a good chance the paint and primer used reacted with one another...or even the old paint (sanded down) reacted with the new primer. I'v had this happen to me, and they only way to fix it is to sand it down to the old primer or bare metal and start over.

Just my experience,but it does sound like a quality problem (although I can't see it to verify).

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Vanace apparently used to paint Kenworth trucks for a living, you might wanna shoot him a PM, he could probably give you some info. Sounds like a dealer screwup alright, they should certainly be giving you a loaner car.

Oh, next time please... look for the CAPS LOCK key. All caps = yelling. [thumb]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I recommend taking it to some body shops first so you'll know how to approach the service writer. If you can use car lingo when talking to the service writer you'll get a lot further.

·
Registered
7 Posts
schrader said:
DID'NT KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS, BUT SINCE THE CAR IS AN SVT AND AN SVT DEALER DID THE WORK...

I GOT MY BABY VANDALIZED LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO, SO I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER TO HAVE THE HOOD REPAINTED... EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL LIKE A 2 WEEKS AGO WHEN I STARTED NOTICING VERY SMALL DENTS ,TINY... BUT THIS ARE NOT REGULAR DENTS... FIRST OF ALL THEY ARE FROM THE INSIDE OUT... LIKE TINY BUBBLES... BUT THEY ARE HARD!!! AND THE PAINT IS NOT DAMAGED OR PEELED.... ITS AS IF MY HOOD HAD AN ACNE PROBLEM!!!! AND EVERY DAY I SEE IT MORE AND MORE!!!

I AM CERTAIN THAT THEY ARE NOT FROM ROCKS OR DEBRY FROM THE HIGHWAYS, AS I DRIVE OTHER CARS, TO AND FROM THE SAME PALCES, AND THIS ONE (SVTF) IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THE PROBLEM

I AM PLANING ON GOING TO THE DEALER AND GETTING IT FIXED BY WARRANTY ON THE PAINT JOB... BUT... I AM ALMOST CERTAIN THAT THE DEALER IS GOING TO GIVE ME A HARD TIME....

PLEASE GUYS... I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!! HOW SHOULD I APPROACH THIS AT THE DEALER??? HOW CAN I CONVINCE THEM???
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED...

P.S. SINCE THIS IS AN SVT... WOULD THE DEALER GIVE ME A RENTAL IF THEY FIX THE PROBLEM UNDER WARANTY??

THANKS!
The dealer will give you a rental car, definately take the car in to get looked at, and explain to them whats goin on...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have an SVT but can't get a loaner becuase I'm not 21. A lot of dealerships use a third party rental company (like Enterprise). You might want to call the dealer to find out if you can get a loaner.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm 22 and my dealer told me I had to be 25. I gave them a hard time because nowhere is it written that you must be a certain age. They agreed to give me a loaner when I need it.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Hmmm at my dealership they use enterprize and you only have to be 18 to get the loaner im 16 so I can't but my sister got it and she is 20

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so the dealer said it is dust on my paint!!!

he said they will fix it tomorrow and should get a loaner!!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
thats friggin weird never heard of that before

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
That's actually pretty common for places that do work outside of a booth (or in a poorly designed/maintained booth). I've spent so much money on paint over the years, I've decided the only places I go are where street rodders go. You will pay out the nose, but a good shop can often make custom work look nicer than factory applied paint. For warranty work though, my dealership has an excellent body shop where they just installed a $1 million + booth and oven system. They do nice work for a dealer[thumb]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
OK, I used to work for Enterprise.. so here are the rules:

18- can rent a car if there's is in the BODY SHOP for repair.. (Since insurance companies offer rental coverage to customers 18& up... Enterprise needs to rent to them to please the insurance companies)

25- to rent a car normally, HOWEVER, if your car is in service at a dealership or shop that enterprise services.. they can make an exception and rent to you at age 21 & over... AS long as you carry your own "full coverage" insurance.. mainly beacuse their "protection" or "damage waver" wouldn't cover you.

TIP: only buy the Enterprise "Damage Waiver" if you are only using the car for a day or two..(then total the car for the $15.00/day they charge... lol ) otherwise your own "full-coverage" insurance would carry over to a rental...

[thumb]

·
Registered
412 Posts
From what you describe on the painted hood, I think you have solvent pops, or perhaps fisheyes. Fisheye can be caused by contamination in the booth or in the air lines. Our shop had a big problem with this, and we finally found out what was causing it. It was airborn silicone. The mechanic side of the shop was using silicone spray on new car preps. They were spaying it on the rubber weather striping and such. They switched to a non-silicone spray and it did the trick.

Solvent pops are caused when the catalyst flashes caused by improper mixing ratios.
So, the shop should fix this with no question about it. I see your car is black so there should be no problem with color match from hood to fenders. I hope it works out for you.
bfocused

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got my baby back!!!! it looks flawless... [8D]

but next time a paint issue comes, i will have to better inspect the facilities!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
schrader said:
got my baby back!!!! it looks flawless... [8D]

but next time a paint issue comes, i will have to better inspect the facilities!!!
[thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts