Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just recently got a zx5 and im totally clueless on what to do with it. And I don't even know where to start. Any suggestions? I'm new to the american cars so I need some advice. Thanks a mil!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Haha yeah...it's a car...typically with those you drive them...I don't know, maybe you could hump it too since it's such a sexy car...

I wanted a ZX5 when I was looking but they had MTX ones up here when I needed a car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Funny way to start a post : Help! Got an '04 ZX5 [scratch]

Drive the car and if you'd like to change something go with your feeling , if you want more exhaust note , get a cat-back , clean looking ( mag wheels , Coil springs etc.) , blow your ears , get a stereo upgrade , it's all up to your taste. This list can go on and on..

Good buy on the car tho.... [thumb]

·
SUPER FAST
1,656 Posts
first thing i always suggest when it comes to upgrades goes in this order and i think ppl would agree it goes...rims, exhaust, lowered, stero/tint, and then whatever body work or engine work those are just i think the essentials to start and modify in that order imo i think its cheesy when i see a car with a body kit and a huge wing with no rims or big rims and special hood and no exhaust etc etc....follow list it never fails me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies! Haha uhh well i was thinking of fixing it up actually but dont know where to start.. Im thinking of starting off with the bolt ons? but maybe some suggestions from any experts in this forum?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Is this your first car? I don't know about you but looks are the last thing on my list. I would say if you have money forget about bolt onz and go FI. Get a turbo and put money under the hood, not on the side of the car. Speed is like crack, as soon as you get a taste of it you will always come back for more.

·
SUPER FAST
1,656 Posts
if your really dedicated to getting a FI setup ie a turbo or supercharger your gonna wanna replace everything that your FI isnt going to replace such as you might first wanna get headers hi flow cat flex pipe and exhaust and cams cam gears but dont get an intake or anything because your supercharger is gonna take place of your intake mani and intake throttle body etc...same with that you might wanna buy a 2.5 exhaust to start with again just bolt on suggestions if your leading up to FI[driving]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats an FI setup? i was thinking about the whole headers, hi flow, exhaust. but what does cam gears improve?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts