Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was installing my cool flo lastnight when I noticed something funkey with my getrag... You know where the shift arm (w/counterweights) attatches to the shifter shaft coming out of the tranny? Well my arm is LOOSE on that shaft. I checked the bolt on the end and it is tight but the shift arm's shoulder is loose. I will take a picture if I can...

Has anyone else seen this before? I'd imagine that this is going to be very ugly is the arm is wollowing on the shaft like that!!!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Send me a picture, i have a spare 6 speed sitting here.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Are you talking about the third picture down?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The getrag has no serviceable parts like that, but i have a spare one.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Parts for this trans through Ford, are not ava. They can be had with the right amount of digging, but its a real PITA.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The parts that Doug posted in the third pic. are able to be left off the trans. I was just wondering if you knew that. It makes the trans actually shift better/quicker. I took mine off as soon as he posted it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to take mine off but a few people mentioned some issues arrose from it.

I just need the bushings I think... I didn't know it had the bushings until I looked at Doug's picture and saw the white nylon bushing. I'm going to pull the arm off and take some pics as soon as I can...

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
I need to replace the white bushing that's on the counterweight. Mine is missing a piece on one side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts