Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I was getting home, I noticed a strange noise coming out of the engine so I opened my hood and tried to locate the noise and it seems to be coming out of the transmission, I tried pressing the clutch to see if it sounded different but it didn't, also tried revving the engine and it didn't change, also moved forward and back and it's still doing the same noise, I've never had any issues with the transmission besides replacing the clutch, last time I replaced it was this year by march; I'm wandering what could be wrong, I thought the throwout bearing but the noise doesn't change with the clutch pressed, also thought maybe a bearing from the shaft that goes into the clutch but the noise doesn't change when I revvup the engine, any thoughts?

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you hear a noise sitting still with the clutch depressed, it certainly isn't your transmission.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's raining right now so I haven't been able to check the car but I was thinking maybe it is my irmc, the unit that moves the intake runners

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you could explain what the noise sounds like it would help us help you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the source, it was the imrc motor, the cable is loose because of the jrsc and somehow the motor was trying to pull the cable and that was making the noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts