Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some extra info on a car for sale here in Ohio that was traded in at West Herr Ford in Hamburg, NY and then sold at auction.

It's a silver ZX5 SVT, blue interior, no sunroof. According to CarFAX the original owner was from Lake View, NY.

Link to dealer description

Any info on this car would be appreciated as I'm considering buying it.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Well the only ZX5 svt I saw running around here was driven by a guy that looked to be in his late 40's - 50... If it's the same one you'll be pretty safe if you got it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
what is fishy about this dave is the fact that a ford dealer auctioned off a svt focus. Not a typical occurance. Id be a little worried

·
Registered
117 Posts
well, I live in lake view but don't think I ever saw this car around. Or even if I may have seen it, don't know anything about it. sorry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast responses, guys.

Yeah, the auction thing does worry me a bit. It came into the NY dealer in March and was auctioned off late May.

I think I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Cars are sent to the auction for many different reasons. It could have been a lease and they just didn't want to buy it out... could have needed some work... might have thought they were going to be more money for it at the auction...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow, that damn dealer never got back to me. I actually sent them an email about that car. They actually had 2 of them on the lot and I was interested but didn't get a chance to go look. I asked for a quote and they replied but said that they could only give me a ballpark on my trade, which I said was fine. They never got back to me after that.

I actually used to work in the auction business. Car go to auction if a dealer has them sitting for too long. Apparently West Herr didn't know what they had in those 2 SVT's... their loss. I would say test drive the car and take it to a local mechanic. IF the CarFax is clean and you get the green light from a mechanic you trust, pull the trigger.

What was the dealer in Ohio asking as far as the price?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hisside said:
Wow, that damn dealer never got back to me. I actually sent them an email about that car. They actually had 2 of them on the lot and I was interested but didn't get a chance to go look. I asked for a quote and they replied but said that they could only give me a ballpark on my trade, which I said was fine. They never got back to me after that.

I actually used to work in the auction business. Car go to auction if a dealer has them sitting for too long. Apparently West Herr didn't know what they had in those 2 SVT's... their loss. I would say test drive the car and take it to a local mechanic. IF the CarFax is clean and you get the green light from a mechanic you trust, pull the trigger.

What was the dealer in Ohio asking as far as the price?
I bought my SVTF from West Herr in '03. They are an SVT dealership and were for a time sponsoring the local SVTOA club chapter, so they knew what they had...I don't know why they never got back to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts