Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 00 Focus SE (Hence The User Name) that came from Canada.. I'm assuming that it has the seup for Daytime Running lights in it somewhere.. but I think I"m missing a relay.. Is that all the DTRL's are, or do I need to check the headlmps? to see if they are set up for it..
if all I need is a relay.. do you know the position / number? Thank you.

·
Registered
571 Posts
hmm... if it is just a relay, i'm yankin that bitch out. i hate dtrl....

I never thought of it just being a relay... I'm pretty handy with that stuff though, so if it is just a relay, mines comin out tomorow.... I'll let ya know what i figuer out..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure it's gotta be a relay or something that's missing.. Why woudl the Canadian dealer take out an entire system before putting it up for acution in the US.. They did Jack the rims ;( but if it was an entire setup, like bulbs, and wiiring and such.. seems like it'd be more work than the system is worth.

I'm lookin for em because well, I get a 3% drop in insurance for having em. If my figuring is right.. it's in the fusebox in the engine bay.

·
Registered
571 Posts
AH HA! fuse number 22 in the engine bay fuse box. Yank that bitch out, DTRL's are dust....

now, you wanted to activate the DTRL, so , best case scenario, spot 22 (theres a chart in the manual that shows which it is , pg 158 in mine) should be empty in your car, throw in a 20A fuse... should be good to go..

if you lookin at that chart in manual, spot 22 is listed as being for the low beams, but if you look above , spot 16 and 17 are for left and right low beams respectively...

And thanx for askin about this. I've been wanting to take out my dtrl for sometime now, but figured it'd probally be more to it than this... and I'm lazy, theres no other way to put it, I'm just lazy...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Also msot cars if you pull the e brake up to the first ntoch which doesnt really engage the brake it turns off the ligths.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
The canadians aren't our friends, it's only a matter of time before they invade.

It's the perfect plan, remain dormant for hundreds of years, then when no one expects it ...BAM.

·
Registered
571 Posts
... with all their hockey hulabalu, and that bitch Anne murray too BLAME CANADA, BLAME CANADA!

shit... blkZX3 is on to us....

·
Registered
571 Posts
But what if they find out about startling advances in artificial ice making technology....

A

·
0 Posts
Canadians think that americans are a bunch of idiots with guns. At least the canadians that i asked.

·
Registered
571 Posts
ah.. handguns and crack.

and americans think we're idiots with hockey sticks and beer.... it all evens out..

and we're only jokin around... please dont start up this USA vs Canada shit.

·
Registered
705 Posts
come on they populate the border saying the rest is unhabitable sounds liek they are preparing for a full out invasion.

·
Registered
205 Posts
1. Poutine?
2. HOMO milk?
3. 2 seasons: winter & roadwork?

Lord help us Americans if the Canucks invade...

·
Registered
571 Posts
unhabitable? only if you dont like fresh air... but you kids dont know much about that, do ya?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh! And don't forget that the Canadians caused the power outage this summer, despite what McCallum (or was it the mayor of Ottawa?) said!

(Totally kidding BTW... however, the usage of electrical power to operate A/C units has gone up in Canada over the years).

·
Registered
571 Posts
chameli74 said:

(Totally kidding BTW... however, the usage of electrical power to operate A/C units has gone up in Canada over the years).
yeah, its gone up everywhere. whats your point?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Actually, go take a look at a map. If you're able to find Canada (which could be questionable...) you'll notice that we're bigger, and we're on top. If this was jail, you'd be our bitch.[bootyshak

j/k, btw. dont get your panties in a knot....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts