Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the F2 Front Camber plates and they sqeek and make a lot of noise when i drive. I wanted to know if anyone has come up w/ a solution to this problem? I also wanted to know if people had the same problem w/ the progress camber kit? Or if they have tried the progress look a like on ebay.

Basically the plates rub metal on metal making it squeek relentlessly. I was thinking of putting a rubber coating on it like the spray on type from wall mart for sound dampening. or maybe the rubber coating like at home depot that you are supposed to dip on your hand tools (such as pliars) to create a rubber handle.

Any other suggestions or objections to this idea?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
If you can find a thin sheet of teflon in the plumbing section it will hold up longer than the other stuff you are thinking of, I'm sure spray undercoat will work, but it will rub off quickly I think.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply, the only type of teflon i know if is like teflon tape (used for faucents and piping to put on the threads to make it a water-tight seal), is there another type. I guess im trying to find some type of rubber thing that can be applied that best simulates the type of rubber found on the oem strut mounts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts