Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know everyones gonna say buy the svt header and convert it but i don't have the money for that and I'm 99 percent sure my Cat is bad so i ordered OBX headers from two places. Both refunded my money saying they're out of stock which makes sense but I'm surprised they still had it listed. but anyways I dont know what to buy. I've been looking at all the random ebay headers, does anyone know of any good ones or if someone has everything id need to do the svt header conversion how much it would cost?
all and any help highly appreciated.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
You need , SVT header , SVT dipstick , move the PS line , work to connect the ZX exh to the SVT header , deal with the EGR pipe by removing it or having some one weld a EGR bung to the SVT header , tune

Tom

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom. Sadly I just don't have the money to do that right now. I'd love to and it's on my list of things to do one day but I can't afford it now. I do have a ? For you though. My car has a rattling noise while accelerating and its getting bad gas mileage. The idle is not great either, I think that's the IAC and I cleaned it and it seemed to help but It went back to how it was acting after a week or so. I dont know if the mpg and rattle and odd idle are related or not but if you have any ideas it would help. I also thought it may have a bad previous tune but I don't think so. And for whatever reason it makes a really high pitched squeal randomly almost sounding like a turbo (but I don't have one) and I dont know what it is. Sorry for such a long reply but I've asked tons of people but I dont know any who know focus like you do. So any thoughts would help. It's truly appreciated. I can't wait to be able to afford a toms tune Bc I know it'll be great from all the writeuo and responses by you and you really know your stuff. Thanks for all you do for the focus community. I hope to one day be able to do what you do so just following this sight is an inspiration. So sorry for the super long paragraph but yeah. Thank you very much

·
Registered
212 Posts
dude I just bought an svt header for 100.00 there is a good one on ebay right now 140.00 shipped. exhaust shop should get you mated up to that header cheap. obx that I have seen were more than that

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
The only other things you need are the flex-pipe and an Off-Road pipe. You can pick these up used for really cheap if you shop around. If you can't find an off road pipe, you can always have an exhaust shop weld one for you. You can pick up flex-pipes really cheap as well. In total, you would probably spend about $250-$300 once all is said and done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts