Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry i think i posted this earlier in the wrong area....

Hey all,

I have been having a weird problem as of late. I just had the engine mounts replaced on my car and since they did that at idle the whole car shakes form the engine vibration. Additionally, under acceleration if i hit it hard, i hear a clunk... almost like the motor or something is hitting some part of the car.... if rolling at about 20 mph i have the clutch half way and tap the gas i can reproduce the clunk every time the gas is hit. The clunk is expecially noticed when i shift from 1st to 2nd...or any gear at that... i can almost make it not clunk if i accelerate at grandma speeds

Is there another mount or maybe i have a bad new mount that i need to replace... or is there some other underlying issue here?

ANY AND ALL INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED! : )

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
if they replaced the roll restrictor (rear mount) then the bolts holding it in or the bracket that holds it are probably loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think that they replaced 2 mounts.... not sure which ones to be honest... im going to figure that out 2mmorrow

·
Registered
133 Posts
It will be easy, look to see which ones are clean. But it does sound like the bolts in the dog bone/ roll restrictor (mount on bottom at back of tranny/ engine) are loose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know a thing about cars but I just had a motor mount replaced because of engine vibration and I could hear a clunk when engaging the clutch. Both of those issues are now gone [wave]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts