Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Looking for help on something that's really got me scratching my head.
My girlfriend told me today that her heat wasn't working, so I went out to the car to take a look, then things got weird.
When I turn the dial (1,2,3,4) for the blower, the rear windshield wiper moves and all of the dash lights dim. Same thing happens when I pull the lever that is supposed to actually turn on the rear wiper. Nothing turns on the blower.
I don't really know where to start with this one, I was hoping maybe someone had already dealt with this and could share some experience with me.
Thanks in advance.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I would check the grounds inside the car, Id tell you where more specifically but I dont remember where they are. Seems like the load is finding its way through the rear wiper circuit and an open ground can cause that depending on what else shares it.

If it all checks out you wont like this... but some wires in the harness (not sure but Its gotta be around the dash harness) have either melted and started touching each other or got cracked... whatever it is, wires are touching.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Open your hatch and pop open the boot running from the main section of the car into the hatch, containing electrical wires. Move the boot to out of the way and examine the wires. I'm having a lot of electrical issues and after reading about the hatch wires breaking and exposing copper I decided to check myself and I have copper from one wire touching copper from another. Causing problems in my dash and other places.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
I checked the hatch, and sure enough the wires are cracked and exposed and touching. Didn't have enough time to handle it last night but planning on doing it tonight and hopefully that solves the whole bit... I'm getting a feeling the blower motor is toast too though.
Gotta wait for the girl to get home from work at 11 tonight before I can look into it any further.
Thanks again for everyone's help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts