Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Does it turn on when you turn on the A/C? Our fans are kinda set high to come on in the first place. It will not be one while your car just sits there...... Mine is not set to come on till 208 and I have a 180degree thermo... Turn your A/C and see if it spins..

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

You'll find a LOT more info. searching in this section for fan issues.

Welcome to FF

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you're talking overheating issues relating to no fan function, check the air temp resistor. It's an air temp sensor that tells the fans when to come on. If it's faulty, you won't get proper fan function causing overheating. I believe the part is less than $30 from Ford. It's location is at the bottom of the radiator behind the shroud. I was able to replace mine in about 30 minutes, even though it was my first time. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
There is NO 'air temp resistor', rather, the cooling fan resistor which mounts in fan shroud, it commonly melts at the harness connector to bring the fans down. Pull connector and look for signs of melted plastic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cheked the resistor temp and its fine it dose not turn on when the a/c is on and it dose over heat i has a new thermastat housing and thermastat 😕😟

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
Checking resistor 'temp' shows you are totally lost there. All it does is get very hot, there aren't even any published figures on how hot. So imaginary thinking on the worth of that. AY! AY! indeed.............if getting hot then the fans would be ON as fans are the only thing in circuit after the resistor. That should tell you something right there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts