Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal. I recently installed a Kenwood DNX5140 Double Din. I need to take it out now and its not coming out. Any tricks or ideas on how to do it? It has the scosche dash kit on it. I cant reach around behind it to push and I dont want to scratch up the bezel. Any ideas?

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
if it's the kit i am thinking of (and in your 04 svt) then the kit slides in from the from of the dash panel and then bolts to the headunit behind it. you just need to pop out that front panel and go from there. try using a flathead screwdriver wrapped in electrical tape to gently pry it out from the dash.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i bought the kit it was just two pieces of plastic that bolted onto the side of the radio. Im going to have to replace the kit due to the fact that sides are now broken from me trying to get the radio out. I think the main thing is that I cannot get enough leverage behind the radio to push it out. I can only get my fingers back there. I have tried a small pry bar behind the unit being careful not to damage any of the electrical components but even with that I cannot get it out. After messing with it for a while it seems that it is stuck on something on the top or on the bottom. It will turn left or right when messing with it but wont come out.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it out thx

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
glad you got it figured out. sorry i couldn't be more help. lil hard to diagnose it without seeing it.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no problem it was a matter of just working with it enough to move it around to unscrew the bezel once i did that it was easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts