Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of removing the intake manifold to install a cosworth piece (part of my turbo build). I can't figure out what hex key is needed for the two bolts that hold the dipstick tube against the intake manifold. Does anyone know? I've tried multiple hex keys and nothing seems to fit properly. I'm thinking that they might be stripped... If they are stripped, could I remove the intake manifold and just yank the dipstick tube out of the oil pan? The old tube has to come out anyway so I can replace it with the new cosworth tube. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Tube does just pull out, though it isn't easy with rust/crud built up above the sealing O-ring.

Dropped the pan without unbolting because the bolt gave me grief when doing the BSD mod..

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
T30

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

OK!

T30

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are T30 heads but mine were stripped... go figure so I just yanked the dipstick out of the oil pan when I pulled out the intake manifold [thumb]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
2 bolts on the i/m. The lower one is a hassel to get to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts