Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I think My gf is being jerked around by a dealer. She put the good faith payment for her new 2012 focus 5dr TITANIUM on 05/29/2011. Problem is this: she is leaving the state in mid-Aug. When she down the good faith payment, she told the dealer that she needed the car delivered by first week of Aug and the dealer said that would be no problem.

She has only got her VIN number and now the dealer is saying that it will be built around 7/25/2011 and estimated around mid-Aug. Initially, the dealer told her that her build date would be 06/23/2011. But, now, he is back peddling. The sale guy is telling me that the order did not get in until 06/23/2011. Should I ask to see D.O.R.A (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment)? Would this tell me when the order was actually submitted and accepted? I have a feeling that the sale guy didn't put the order in for awhile...

Previously, the sale guy suggested that they could swap out just the wheels on another car that is in the lot (same model, options, and color just different wheels), when I saw same model, options, and color minus the wheels in their inventory. However, he promptly said that that particular car has been sold. I just found out the they actually have exact same model, option, color minus different wheels in the lot! Same vehicle that was supposed have been sold according to the sale guy.

My question is this: should the dealer/sale guy change out the wheels for free and give us the car that is in the lot currently even if that mean that they have to assume the cost of wheels change?

Any ideas or comments would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My dealer did not cash the deposit check. Just stop payment and forget about it.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I ordered a Ti on 6/18. My sales guy called and told me that it would be built during the week of 7/25/11. Based on my experience and the experience of others I've seen on this forum that seems right. Seems like they are going to rip through a lot of Tis during that couple week period. That being said:

Your sales guy might have been a moron, just trying to sell you a car, or just acting on the information he had available at the time.

My dealership did not require a down payment as they wanted to make sure that when I picked up the car, it was what I ordered and was happy with it. No money changing hands until then (of course I don't have it yet so we'll see when it comes in).

I asked for a delivery estimate and he said they have been getting them in 9-11 weeks so he would say 10 weeks but asked me not to hold him to that because he could not guarantee it (what a concept, honesty).

Most importantly:

You, or your GF, or both of you, spent (or will spend) a decent chunk of change on the car. Get EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT. Don't settle for some lot car that they may have let everyone and his brother test drive just to save a couple hundreds bucks on tires/rims. May be inconvenient for a couple of more weeks but get what you want, don't settle. Get the car you want.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Delivery times can never be guaranteed when you order a car from the factory. Always take the salespersons words for they're worth, absolutely nothing.

The DORA should tell you when the car was ordered. If was ordered later than when you talked to the salesperson, more than likely it's because the dealership had used up it's allocation for a while. A dealer can only order a set number of cars per week based on sales volume and other factors. IF they had already ordered the set number of cars for that week, and had a certain number of custom orders before yours, then that would explain it. A knowledgeable salesperson would have explained this to you. Unfortunately many are not. You could try to get your money back, but that's up to the dealer. Also if you got a great deal and their dealer profit is small, they're less likely to accommodate you with changing wheels, and they're most likely not going to eat the cost.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, my dealer handed my $500 deposit back to me. He never cashed it.
I even tried to use it towards the down payment and they wouldn't take the check because it had too old a date!

·
Registered
366 Posts
My car was only a week late. Have faith.[:I]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had asked if I should put down a deposit. The dealer told me it wasn't necessary unless I was trying to order something no one would want - which I wasn't according to him.

I imagine you could use your deposit for anything on the lot you were happy with.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had kinda asked FordCustomerService how the procedure goes...they somewhat explained it in the email and is pretty much based on demand of engine type (man or auto), specs, etc (from my understanding).

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had kinda asked FordCustomerService how the procedure goes...they somewhat explained it in the email and is pretty much based on demand of engine type (man or auto), specs, etc (from my understanding).
Mine might never get built![ohcrap] I ordered a titanium hatch with 401A, tuscanny (97S), winter pkg (47W), parking tech pkg (46P), sport suspension (64X), moonroof (43M), nav (586), exterior protection pkg, and ebony black paint(UA). The only options I did not get was the graphics and storage stuff.
I was not required to put anything down either. I figured it was because I have purchased three vehicles from them in the past six years. More than likely it is because they know they can sell it if I don't like it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
winter pkg (47W)
How cold does it get in the Tampa area?

They need a summer pkg. An ice machine in the glove box, a cooler in the center arm rest,
and a mister blowing from the back seat area to the front.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How cold does it get in the Tampa area?

They need a summer pkg. An ice machine in the glove box, a cooler in the center arm rest,
and a mister blowing from the back seat area to the front.
[drummer]
We have mornings in the twenties in January and with the humidity anything below 50 goes to the bone. I will use the heated mirrors for the dew, and the puddle lamps for reptiles lurking under my car!
Cooled seats would be a nice touch though. I have them in my Expedition and absolutely love them. No sweaty back!

·
Registered
155 Posts
What color did she order? Several colors are either on materials hold or have been replaced with other options. This is due to a supplier shortage out of Japan. If she tried to order Kona Blue, Candy Red, or Tuxedo Black that is probably your issue. If not, it is probably a dealer allocation issue as previously mentioned.

So, I think My gf is being jerked around by a dealer. She put the good faith payment for her new 2012 focus 5dr TITANIUM on 05/29/2011. Problem is this: she is leaving the state in mid-Aug. When she down the good faith payment, she told the dealer that she needed the car delivered by first week of Aug and the dealer said that would be no problem.

She has only got her VIN number and now the dealer is saying that it will be built around 7/25/2011 and estimated around mid-Aug. Initially, the dealer told her that her build date would be 06/23/2011. But, now, he is back peddling. The sale guy is telling me that the order did not get in until 06/23/2011. Should I ask to see D.O.R.A (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment)? Would this tell me when the order was actually submitted and accepted? I have a feeling that the sale guy didn't put the order in for awhile...

Previously, the sale guy suggested that they could swap out just the wheels on another car that is in the lot (same model, options, and color just different wheels), when I saw same model, options, and color minus the wheels in their inventory. However, he promptly said that that particular car has been sold. I just found out the they actually have exact same model, option, color minus different wheels in the lot! Same vehicle that was supposed have been sold according to the sale guy.

My question is this: should the dealer/sale guy change out the wheels for free and give us the car that is in the lot currently even if that mean that they have to assume the cost of wheels change?

Any ideas or comments would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My dealer pretty much told me that they will keep my deposit if I cancel. I asked what happens if its 3, 4 or 6 months down the road and I am still waiting. They did not say anything to do that. I ordered a Black TI on 6/6 and no word on it at all. :(

Yeah, my dealer handed my $500 deposit back to me. He never cashed it.
I even tried to use it towards the down payment and they wouldn't take the check because it had too old a date!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for your suggestion.

Color is ingot silver. She specifically didn't choose Iona blue and tuxedo black because of the delay and the sale guy told her not to get those two colors.

Car in the lot is exactly the same model and same option and same color. Only difference is the wheels (normal titanium wheels vs. Painted alloy wheels).

If I find out the sale guy did not put the order in whe. He said he would on D.O.R.A., could I ask the dealer to eat the cost of the wheels? Back out is not really possible. They won't give the deposit back...

Thanks again.

·
Registered
781 Posts
My dealer pretty much told me that they will keep my deposit if I cancel. I asked what happens if its 3, 4 or 6 months down the road and I am still waiting. They did not say anything to do that. I ordered a Black TI on 6/6 and no word on it at all. :(
don't know about yours, but my dealer and i agreed on a "deliver by" date (which was 12 weeks out). if i didn't have a vehicle in my hands by then the whole order was voided and i get my deposit back. granted 3 months is a long time out and i should have the car by then, but things happen. you might want to check if you have a date set.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thanks all for your suggestion.

Color is ingot silver. She specifically didn't choose Iona blue and tuxedo black because of the delay and the sale guy told her not to get those two colors.

Car in the lot is exactly the same model and same option and same color. Only difference is the wheels (normal titanium wheels vs. Painted alloy wheels).

If I find out the sale guy did not put the order in whe. He said he would on D.O.R.A., could I ask the dealer to eat the cost of the wheels? Back out is not really possible. They won't give the deposit back...

Thanks again.
Again, try to find out in the dealer even had allocation when you placed your order. As I stated earlier, it they didn't have allocation, they could not place your order until they did have allocation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How does titanium standard 17 inch sport aluminum wheels show up on the window sticker?

Good news: Dealer said that they will give us the car that is in the lot (which is exactly same color, options, and model trim. However, he said that he will discount the wheels (?). So, in the window sticker of the car that is currently in the lot, it says "17" PAINTED ALUMINUM WHLS". Now, is this the same wheels as the standard titanium wheels that you see on ford.com website? On the website, it says 17" sports aluminum wheels for the standard titanium wheels.

If anyone who ordered Titanium standard wheels could look at the their window sticker and let me know what it actually says on the window sticker that would be a great help!

On a side note, it took a bit of argument before the dealer came to their senses.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts