Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to get my new focus tinted when it comes in. Since I just moved to texas, heat management is very very important to me (it gets hot!)

I basically have two options:

One is Madico Charcool 35% - Whole car is $180.
I can also go with Pinnacle Ceramic 30% - Whole car is $380.

Is it worth going for the pinnacle?

As for darkness, I really dont want to be overly dark, and I dont care if people can really see in -- my main concern is heat management. In that case it seems like the pinnacle is definitely better, but is it $200 better? I am also concerned that 30% will be too dark. I initially wanted 50% but everyone says its not worth it, plus its hard to find.

They both have lifetime warranties.

HELP!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
The ceramic stuff is excellent but you're right, that is a lot of money. 30% isn't that dark but 50% is barely even there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe current Texas law on tint is no darker than 25% on the driver & front passenger window. The rear door windows are exempted from regulation (anything goes). The back glass is also exempt if you have rear view mirrors that can see 200 feet back, if not, 25% is the limit. There is a page on the TxDPS website if you need more details.
25% is dark enough to help out on the cooling a bit, but not dark enough to be a problem to see out the back when backing up. Also, people can see in somewhat.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well it is $200 but I guess the ceramic works pretty dang well at reflecting heat and also doesn't fade as easily. I mean how many times are you going to tint your windows after all. Personally I'd want it done with good stuff if heat management was your goal. Kinda the difference between people who get cars tinted to look cool and people who get them done to be cool.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the crappy shot, but that is 35% all around.

I paid 140 OTD for Charcool!

Hows the heat management? I really am considering it since it has lifetime warranty and is so much cheaper. I really cant justify $400 on tinting :( Especially since I dont care about looks (as long as it doesnt detract!)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had my windows tinted yesterday with SunTek's ceramic 35%. I also had the windshield and sunroof done with 80% ceramic for the heat rejection. My last car was done with 30% metallic tint. The ceramic made a small but noticeable difference over the metallic. It was a huge difference over no tint. I found an FF member who owns a tint shop and he gave me a great deal. You might try posting for recommendations in the tint thread. That is how we connected. For what I paid the ceramic was a no brainer.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259844&page=14

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have no problem dropping lots of money on a maximum heat management tint living in Arizona. :) Looks like ceramic is the right choice for me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have no problem dropping lots of money on a maximum heat management tint living in Arizona. :) Looks like ceramic is the right choice for me.
Agreed, and if I still lived in AZ I probably would have gone with 18% for the couple extra percent of heat rejection. In Colorado it wasn't worth the visibility trade off to me. The beauty of the ceramic is you don't have to go dark to get rid of the heat. My 35% is roughly equivalent to 5% regular tint. Since I don't want to install a periscope for night driving that wasn't an option.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jeff, I guess it is worth the extra money for the Ceramic stuff. Looks like the two options I have are a 20% difference in solar rejection -- thats pretty big here in Texas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts