Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okayy on my 09 focus se coupe my cel came on! i diagnosed it and it said i needed to replace the IMRC solenoid! i did just that and disconnected the negative terminal to restart the car! the light turned off. the next day it came back on now it says to change the mass air flow sensor but i have an aftermarket intake.. is it because of my intake? or what do i do? i need to fix this i need to smog my car soon and i cant if its on

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Hi. None of the many hundred DTC's in this car or other cars = replace a part. The DTC's are there to help you; and is saying there is something wrong with a system. Your old DTC was likely a P2004 (IMRC) fault and you might have fixed that problem when you replaced the IMRC Solenoid.

Here is a recent P2004 thread that might help; http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539922

There is no DTC that = replace your MAF.

I have little experience on the 2009 and ditto with MAF DTC's; but YES, any changes of the intake can easily create MAF related DTC's. Some people have tried CAI/SRI mods and had to revert back to a stock setup due to MAF errors; the errors are more likely to show-up if you change the MAF tube length or diameter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts