Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i instaled my 65mm tb...

well wverything went smooth until today...

the TB came with a TPS on it...
firts i let it with that one....but then today i dindt follow the "if its not broked, dont fix it"...[?|]

so i change the tps with the one from my stock TB...
an now my car idle too high !

any sugestios ?

also my car is shifting TOO hard...

thanks...

Joel

·
Registered
919 Posts
Is your throtle screw too tight? Check the voltage runnig to the tps. I was told by Focus Central that the voltage should be around .91-.95

·
Registered
103 Posts
depending on the TB it may have diff mounting holes for diff years of foci. make sure it is in the correct spot and make sure your idle screw is adjusted correctly. You may also want to check for vac leaks around the tb. did you use rtv sealant?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Make sure the TPS is still good too, if it is faulty or at least mounted wrong the tranny will shift hard and have idling problems.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
joel when u see this, msg me on aim and i'll explain :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
i had the same problem w/ mine when i got my new TB i used my OE tps. i even unplugged the battery. but you have too leave it unplugged for about 20 to 30 mins. thats what i had to do with mine anyway. good luck

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
hope Ed helped you out Joel, it could be alot of things like mentioned above, more than likely the TPS is in the wrong place or the screw needs adjusting, if you had some radical cams this wouldnt be such a bad thing heh

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for replies....

the TB is and old model from focus central with the auto bracket...
it have only one pair of holes (that i have seen...)

i disconected the battery...
i even change the tps....

i'm afraid that my tranny will not last long with this idle (some times it goes to 1500 rpm)....

thanks ed...
will ttyl tonight !

and greg...
if i had radical cams i wouldnt have a tranny by now...
[thumb]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
joel what year is your focus? assuming the TB changes were yhe same in the US, dont thin it will hurt the tranny much, do you hear a squeek or whistle sound when you accelerate?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Joel, when you installed it did you use a sealant along with the gasket?

You said you changed the TPS so thats most likely not the problem unless you have 2 bad sensors.

Does the car make any other sounds besides the high idle?

I would call FC and talk to dave, ask him if there are any known problems with the t/b's.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dindt use any selant...

the car was fine until i took the tb out to change the tps...

and no the car doent do any other wierd sound... (other than the leak in the exhaust)

just the high idle and the tranny pulling hard...

greg...my car is 02

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
hmm no vacuum leak sounds though? did you try the idle screw any? and did you port the mani opening to match it to(this is probly not a problem but it helps)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The sound can be very faint, he may not hear it. I thought they sent instructions with these things. The instructions I saw told you to use sealant and to port the intake opening.

What are the chances of 2 bad TP sensors, not likely since they worked before.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was thinking about the selant too...
but the funny thing is that it worked fine until i reinstalled it...

damn me !

what sealant can i use?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
that would be the idle screw, joel i used black silicone, they sell it at alot of auto parts store

1 - 20 of 37 Posts