Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, I need some advice ASAP, on the way home my 2003 SE Focus lost all Electrical power, radio,gages,four ways everything. But the car keept running. I tried to get as close to home as I could, then the power started to come back on and off, when the power would cut out then, the car would bogg down and the motor would stop and start very abruptly, as if i was slaming the car in park. Then when I started up hill it died, I had to cost backwards a long ways just to be able to get the car off the road. Not fun for me and my 7 yr old little girl. When I got the car to a safe place the power came back on, but when I tried to start it back up it was like the battery was way low. It was very hot out, the car showed no signs of any trouble this mornig. ANY ideas as to what could be wrong would be a GREAT help. I have to report to my unit first thing in the am for my 2 weeks out of the summer deal!!! I live 87 miles away from my unit. PLEASE anyone who has a clue please call me ASAP at 724 364 3008,, Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Sounds like the classic alternator failure. If you are still far from home get it replaced. I had the same thing happen. I installed a new battery and drove almost 60 miles , got home and the new battery was almost dead. I drove with nothing on, no lights , radio or ac. It will go aways. IDK if you will get 80 + miles.?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts