Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
There is a plug that is connected to the egr but is located on the upper headers along with the O2 sensor against the radiator fan.

Can't find where this connects to

·
Registered
611 Posts
Looking at the connector view diagrams for my 2006 Focus, that particular connector is for the Power steering pressure sensor. It should have 3 wires, going counter clockwise from the NW position (with the 2 index tabs facing east and south) pin 2 signal return, pin 1 reference voltage, pin 3 power steering pressure sensor signal, and pin 4 is not used/connected.

With that said, I would look for a disconnected connector somewhere on the steering rack, a power steering hose, or the power steering pump itself (most likely as that is where the connector seems to go on a 2006 w/ Duratec). Of course being that I am using the 2006 focus FSM for a guide it may be different in 2003, but I would like to think there is at least there was some commonality between years and sub generations (00-04 and 05-07) for various connectors.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Good catch!

Doesn't do anything most of the time, seems to be the most commonly forgotten & disconnected items in the wiring harness.

Sensor is in the pressure piping from the P/S pump in an SVT, IIRC it's in the pump for a zetec as on the duratecs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts