Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I'm trying to connect an iPod to my factory Blaupunkt MP3/CDC. I bought a cable from installer.com that connects the 8 CDC plug to a 3.5mm headphone type jack. Everything plugs in correctly (the blue 8 pin to the CDC port on the back of the unit and the 3.5mm jack into the iPod), but when I then press the CDC button on the HU the display says "NO CHANGER" and the audio from the radio continues to play. I'm guessing that the cable I bought only carries an audio signal. I'm also guessing that for this to work another signal, maybe some sort of data-link signal needs to be present before the HU will switch to the CDC mode. Then maybe it would allow the audio to go through?? Is there a way to trick the HU into seeing this signal?

Sorry if this all sounds rough...I'm a newby to all this.

Thanks!

Syminguy
03 Focus ZX3

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3037

The connector diagram above shows other signal lines for the CDC.

If your cable was made to connect an iPod to the CDC input, it should work.
I would call the place you got it from and ask why it doesn't.
I wouldn't use an RF modulator due to the loss of quality.

Let us know if you get it working and how.
Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey DidHeFocus, is there a way to get that schematic in better quality? It's kinda hard to read some of the pinouts. Thanks for the info!

Syminguy

·
Registered
171 Posts
for my archos 15 gb jukebox i just bought a new head unit with an aux in and replaced the old unit. an fm transmitter would be crappy so do'nt do that.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
syminguy,

Send me an email through my profile page and I'll reply to you with the original word file as an attachment.
If you'd rather, I could convert it to something else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well everyone I've had no luck in getting it to work. Blaupunkt tech support says "No." Crutchfield says, "No." Installer.com says, "no". So I'm all but giving up here. I'm going to look into getting the ICE-Link for iPod, made by Dension. http://www.ice-link.com/ Thanks to all who replied. Syminguy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts