Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very new to this forum so I dont know if this has been discussed or not but here goes....my 2000 ZTS ATX has a problem with studdering or hesitating when I try to go a steady speed....also does it real bad if i put it in low 2 or low 1 and try to run the RPMS up....it acts like i am tapping the gas kinda.....maybe injectors or fuel related.....or is this a tranny problem waitin to leave me stranded.............I seen a recall on the injector pressure sensors....are there any recalls on the tranny or something?.....also....what are the best plugs to use and the best cheapest wires...hehe....*cheapskate*......TIA peeps

thekelsoe

2000 ZTS Red
INJEN protype? CAI(will post pics to find out for certain soon)
[insert list of mods here]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
It is either the fuel pump or dirty fuel system or dirty air filter. I had the same thing on manual tranny cars in the past. Since it does it in all of the gears, I kinda doubt it is the tranny. I would buy a fuel treatment and run it. If that doesn't work, take it to ford for service and explain exactly what the problem is.

·
Registered
793 Posts
well said jisturm!!! check the vacuum lines as well,, a service tech told me this could cause studdering if they leak or the Differential pressure feedback egr sensor is bad!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok...thanks guys...I have an extended warranty on it but I think the deductable is like 100 bucks or so, but i will take it to the dealer and see what they say......will any of my mods void the extended warranty you think?....CAI and I also chopped off the rear resonator and put an extension with a nice tip(which sounds not much louder than stock and has a nice deep tone to it).......but just another question(which might directly pertain to the problem at hand).....when i accelerate and let off the gas it sounds kinda like a blow off valve from a turbo......in any gear...really loud when it is cold like first start up in the morning....is this normal?...you can hear it leaking air from what sounds like the intake filter area...it was doing it when the stock airbox was on too.....doesnt do it just revving it in N or P....only when you accelerate and i guess put a load on the engine....i can put it to the floor and let off real quick and it makes a moderately loud hissing that is distinctively air coming from somewhere......think on that one for a minute...hehehehee......

thekelsoe

2000 ZTS Red
Injen prototype CAI?
"Drive it like you stole it!!"

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Not necessarily, I had the Iceman on the older Focus and they still worked on it under warranty. It only affects the parts that it replaces.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok...but I would still like to know if the blow-off noise is normal or not......I can put the stock airbox back on in like 20 min....

thekelsoe

2000 ZTS Red
Injen prototype? CAI

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have never heard this blow off noise unless there is a turbo prsent or someone has that fake blow off noise maker. I would go ahead and put the stock airbox back on just so you don't end up with any headaches. I would then take it back to the dealer and like I said before tell them EXACTLY what the car is doing and the sounds it makes. Make sure that you are very demanding that they fix or find the problem. A lot of times they cannot hear a sound and say that it is fixed. If you have to, take the service writer on a ride and point out the problem when it occurs. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
well the cai doesnt void the warrenty unless it breaks something,i talked to the ford ppl and they said the only way to completely void a warrenty is to use forced induction,other wise what they do is try and see if the prob can be traced to a mod if not still covered.about the prob i just had my whole auto tranny replaced bc it blew up so it kinda sounds like the probs i was havin.does it give u trouble downshifting and upshifting like it doesnt want to?if so i would have the tranny really worked on bc thats what mine did before it blew.

·
Registered
678 Posts
the blow off valve noise is probably just the air in the intake tube.. I have a short ram on my spi and it makes the same noise, but yeah when its cold.. I think its just the air is thinner and the throttle body shuts the remaining air just kinda swishes around in the tube.. at least thats what Im guessing.. I think it sounds nifty.. some guy actually thought I had a turbo once.. I laughed at him.. yeah Im 16 and I have a turbo slammed in a automatic focus??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey dudeman....where are you at in Ga?.....as a matter of fact it does sometimes not shift all the way down to first when i stop and I have to give it a little more gas to kick it out of what feels like second...and on cold mornings it takes alot to get it to shift out from first to second, it will rev up to redline and not shift for a couple of seconds then finally shift really hard....after that it is fine....
also to clarify the blow off sound.....when the car is in any gear, and is moving or stating to move, if i push the gas pedal and let off you can hear a shhhhew sound coming from the front of the car somewhere, and you can hear it make like a longer shhhewing sound when i try to hold a certain speed and gear(like having it in low 2 and holding around 35 or so)...then as i speed up it kinda goes away.....doesnt make the noise in between shifts, just when i give it gas in gear and let off suddenly....

thanks for all the responses.....I will let you guys know what the dealership says when i get it up there...

thekelsoe
2000 ZTS Red

·
Registered
123 Posts
im in newnan ga,but i dunno it sounds like what mine was doin before the tranny went boom.the blow off sound sounds like my intake tho bc i got a short ram and any time i put a little gas on it make a loud suckin sound and when i stop comes the blow off.but if i were u i would take her down to the dealership asap man bc when my tranny blew i took out the entire tranny and flywheel. and it took a month for me to get it back,so with that said better by far to be catchin it now.but my aim sn is somedudefromga77 so gimme a holler about it man.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts