Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to all i am new here yesterday i have found great deal at the local scrapyard like a cfm 65mm tb an msd coilpack and those weird camshaft for 100$

As they were installed in a car i dont know their specs and i have searched on the web and... nothing so i am refering to all of you guy's. Would be nice to know all about them before installing them in the car. Waiting to see if i need to upgrade spring and retainers.

I can see "KC sportcam JC I" on one cam and " KC sportcam HD K" on the other well dont know if the pictures help but they are there.

Are they KentCams? And how i can find the model of the cam with the information i have?

Thnx for the help for a guy from Quebec Canada ;)

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Well i am a bit confused what do you mean by caliper & mike the lobes?

I guest you mean to calculate the lift of the cam ?
Yea, your right, Jean. I can't read the numbers looking at the pictures. Does it say a manufactors name on them? Maybe you could google or yahoo the numbers in the computer to look them up.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
You need to be careful there were a lot of " kc sport " cam blanks back in the day and different places ground them , I THINK the early ford racing said kc sport , look on the engine of the cams and see if there is any numbers stamped or etched ??????

Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, your right, Jean. I can't read the numbers looking at the pictures. Does it say a manufactors name on them? Maybe you could google or yahoo the numbers in the computer to look them up.
Well felix this is my main problem no number at all except the letter in my previous post is that possible that the number are at the end of the cam where the pulley is?... This one can be pita to remove but maybe there is a number in there...

You need to be careful there were a lot of " kc sport " cam blanks back in the day and different places ground them , I THINK the early ford racing said kc sport , look on the engine of the cams and see if there is any numbers stamped or etched ??????

Tom
Thanks Tom but i have no more the head in front of me she still sit at the scrapyard i guest my best option is to found a good "how to" to measure the lift directly of my cam.

I also sent an email to sportcam witch is making camshaft for Kent at this point this is the only information i got.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If you can't rear the #'s or anything. I'd try measuring the lift to give you a idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If i am right the lift is about .375" but i still dont know the brand and the full specs on the web site of sportcam they say they are parthner with kent camshaft i still not sure about nothing will remove the pulley from the cam tomorrow.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If i am right the lift is about .375" but i still dont know the brand and the full specs on the web site of sportcam they say they are parthner with kent camshaft i still not sure about nothing will remove the pulley from the cam tomorrow.
If they have a .375'' lift, I'd install them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Great street DD cams.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like stage 2. Quite mild actually but good for daily driver. The 1 is actually the letter I; it stands for intake meaning that's the intake cam. You'll know because on the non cam gear end theres a funny tooth kind of thing in the casting to trigger the cam position sensor which the exhaust cam does not have.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Wonder if the OP ever installed them? Be great for a follow up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts