Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is my first post and Im looking for some help. Let me keep it short...............I drag race and have a couple Malibu's. I know my way around old school muscle. My wife drives a 2000 Ford Taurus wagon with the Duratec motor (runs great). I just picked up a daily driver 2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE. Im looking for suggestions as to where to spend some money on modifications. I dont want to buy things twice so I need your "real world" opinions. I was thinking platinum plugs, MSD wires, MSD coil, Borla muffler, cold air intake (which one ?), and whatever else is tried and true.........got any good tips to share with a newbee ? Let me know whatever you can. Any info is good info. What would you do ?

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
sounds like your on your way with some great mods planned. as for the intake I'm assuming you have the 2.0 zetec. If this is the case, IMO the best intake you can buy is a Volant. If your looking to do more than what you have listed, a SVT header conversion and 65mm tb are great mods as well, but the svt header conversion can get a bit costly. Good Luck!

[welcome] to ff.com [ffrocks]

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
do some reasearch on the msd first...

if you really wanna go crazy get the fswerks zetec turbo kit. or the top speed turbo kit. you can run about 230whp with no problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do some reasearch on the msd first...

if you really wanna go crazy get the fswerks zetec turbo kit. or the top speed turbo kit. you can run about 230whp with no problems.
Not trying to do anything crazy. I got it as a daily driver and thought the same would apply with any "stock" from the factory car (cold air induction, spark, exhaust, etc.). Just trying to do it right the first time and not chase my tail. It's the 2.0 motor, has 92K miles, automatic trans. Would a MSD coil and wires be a good upgrade ? Is there anything to be known about the do's and don'ts ? Are the Ebay headers and cold air intakes a no-no ? The throttle body looks easy to change............Just looking for some real world experience from the experts. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts