Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can you get rid of this when you have a egr delete tune, if so what do you do with the vacuum line holes that go to the intake manifold? plug or does this thing need to stay on??

when porting the TB since i have it out, what do people do, i have epoxy i just dont understand what there porting on it. the butterfly?? intake manifold side?? top intake MAF tube side??? thanks for the help FF!!![ffrocks]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? please

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
hey bro, i think you have your pics backwards, just FYI.

the way i deleted my egr was without a tune, with that said, i had to keep that DPFE sensor. im not positive but i think that if you delete your egr with a tune you could prob remove it with no probs.

what i did was i took the entire egr valve out and the metal pipes that connect it to the exhaust manifold. u can either make or buy a block-off plate for the intake manifold side, i made one myself but heres a link your ya. block-off plate so all that is left is to put a flare cap on the egr bung in the header/exhaust mani. i couldnt find the right thread pitch so i had mike(b16sir1991) send me one for my svt header. FYI he works at ford and if your a member of FF you get a discount!

i have also ported my stock TB. porting your stock TB this site has a lot of good info, but not as much as FFtho. here is the "how to" section of focus fanatics its really a gold mine of info!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright so i can totally remove those 2 sensors that mount up by the firewall. and i can get rid of the selenoid thing on the back of the intake manifold? what about the egr tube that goes into the manifold?? i have it all apart right now and not sure what everyone is doing to these 2000 IM... thanks for those links!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wheres that egr block off plate go, on the intake manilod the egr tube going in is circular. i cant get the B$%T#H out either.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
what do you mean two sensors on the firewall? OH!! i see what your talking about now, and uhh to be honest im not to sure. i know for a fact that the top one is your DPFE sensor and you can take that out when you delete your egr.

do not take that IAC vavle out on the back of your IM! you need to have that in there so your engine will run properly, it has nothing to do with the egr.

usually people leave the metal pipe connecting the egr valve and the IM and just put a block off plate where the egr valve used to be. although i have heard of people putting quarters in between the IM and the egr tube, ive never tried it but some people say it works. the easiet way is to just use a block off plate tho.

the main reason people get 2k mani's is that they are a 1 peice design=stronger, the later IM is a 2 peice design that is crimped together and they have been know to break. the 2k IM does flow better so its cool that your car came with one! look in the how to section (that link i gave you) and im pretty sure it has info on porting the 2k mani.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can i take it off though? just to get rid of it and clean up the engine bay a lil, or will it mess my sit up? cel?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya i went out there and looked and saw that. maybe i can come up with something for a quick block of plate.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
can i take it off though? just to get rid of it and clean up the engine bay a lil, or will it mess my sit up? cel?
you will have a big hole in your IM and cause unmetered air to enter and that would cause a lean condition and definatly throw a CEL. FYI the main reasons that engine blow up is b/c they run lean and detonate.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya i see about the block off plate, i want to remove the sensors that mount to the firewall. those are deleted in the egr delete tune right? and wont effect anything if i dont hook them up and stuff the connectors somewhere?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
This is one way of doing it, but the cleaner way is to take the egr pipe from the manifold out and put the block off plate in place.
the block off plate WILL NOT fit directly on the stock IM. trust me on this, an oval block off plate will not cover a round hole the size of a quater. your the FR mani, yes, thats how it works but i think thats just confusing the guy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.