Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was wondering the options I can explore with coilovers. I want a mid-range set for autocross/daily ride. I am having trouble in my search for 2006 model.

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
ST would be the budget versions of KW Var1's. Probably a good middle ground of good function and price. I would not suggest them if you live in the rust belt, not ss like the more expensive ones. Otherwise, you will be over $1k with bilsteins, HR, KW's, etc. There are a whole slew of the cheaper ones that are all very similar (aka originating out of the same Taiwanese factories) BC, KSport that are ok for street but not sure how well they would do in an autocross situation. Stay away from the bottom of the price range with racelands, i wont suggest them for any reason.

If you dont care about height adjustments koni yellows and your choice of springs are a great option too

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
ST Suspensions 18320242 is that the right fitment for an 2006 zx4? or am I better off with Ford Performance Parts Focus SVT Shock Kits M-18000-ZX3B and Eibach lowering springs?
I am actually not seeing a matching part on ST's website for the 05-07 setup anymore. This one would work but would require Massive's omni kit (it shims the narrower front struts used on earlier cars to fit the larger knuckle of your 06.)

The ST you linked says "FRONT DRIVER SIDE COIL OVER" that makes it sound like it is not a full kit? The shock kit you listed is fine, i used it paired with their spring for a couple years before going to coilovers (i wanted more low.) I cant comment on the spring choice, havent used it. The Ford struts worked well with a small drop, i believe it was somewhere like 1.5" with their springs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts