Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into my car, threw the key in, halfway through the turn I heard a click and everything on my dash died and the car won't start. But I still hear the dinging from leaving the key in the ignition, cd's get spit out and the airbag light comes on dimly when I turn the key after trying to fix something. Also hear a slight gurgling from the DRL relay in the engine bay when trying to start.

All fuses and good, I checked some realys that could be an issue (I think I checked them correctly) and my trunk open still works.

I have no idea what to do and would rather avoid going to Ford.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Sound like you have a dead battery to me. Have you tried charging it and starting the car then?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Check it again.

This is the exact symptom of a poor connection or a dead battery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off the battery I'm getting 12.28 and off the connections im getting 12.25. Could it be the ignition switch?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had no idea you're supposed to check with the key on. See this is why I'm in the oil industry and not a mechanic. I think my battery died overnight. Now to find out why.

Thanks fellas.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Go have the battery load tested at Autozone or the like.

12.28VDC is marginal.

·
Registered
467 Posts
after you put in your new battery check the voltage with it running, I like to see 13.5 to maybe a little over 14v. don't know where your at but in the south the heat is killing some batteries, put one in the wife's fusion last week same symptoms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts