Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow friends and fans of the fabulous Ford Focus!
I'm new to the Focus game, after many years tinkering with the Geo Metro.
Picked up an 03 ZTS, 2.0 MT recently, and need a bit of help. Upon arrival, the dash worked fine, except sometimes the temp gauge would quit. Then the odometer displayed "Error". Now none of the gauges work. I'm thinking ground issue, and have a manual en route, with hopes of chasing this gremlin. Has anyone else experienced this? How would you proceed?
Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be helpful info from you fine Focus folks.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts
Greetings fellow friends and fans of the fabulous Ford Focus!
I'm new to the Focus game, after many years tinkering with the Geo Metro.
Picked up an 03 ZTS, 2.0 MT recently, and need a bit of help. Upon arrival, the dash worked fine, except sometimes the temp gauge would quit. Then the odometer displayed "Error". Now none of the gauges work. I'm thinking ground issue, and have a manual en route, with hopes of chasing this gremlin. Has anyone else experienced this? How would you proceed?
Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be helpful info from you fine Focus folks.
Always check the grounds. Welcome. Post a picture of your car please.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pasta

I tried searching for cluster or dash problems, couldn't find anything.
I'll have to dig a little deeper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled cluster, disconnected and reconnected, dash works! I've got a hunch there's a loose wire back there somewhere. If it quits again, I'll go hunting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the plot thickens. Temp gauge works sometimes. More intriguing, however, is the odometer. Trip odo starts at 0.0, goes to 0.9, then returns to 0.0. the odometer does not change. It reads essentially what it did when the gauges quit, one week and about 230 miles ago. Does anyone know if mileage is logged on cluster or in computer?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Ok, the plot thickens. Temp gauge works sometimes. More intriguing, however, is the odometer. Trip odo starts at 0.0, goes to 0.9, then returns to 0.0. the odometer does not change. It reads essentially what it did when the gauges quit, one week and about 230 miles ago. Does anyone know if mileage is logged on cluster or in computer?
Welcome to FF........Throw a new thread in the mk 1 section as you'd get more response there vs here in the new member section.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts