·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,folks....

I am a new member of this forum.
I live in Baltimore.
I found that this is a great forum.

I bought a 2000 Focus ZX3 several days ago.
Could anybody give me some suggestions ? (like where to repair,
where to maintain, where to modify)

Thank you very much !

·
Registered
341 Posts
whats up dude. hope u enjoy the car. i'd say take most of the winter to get used to the car and make sure everythin is square w/the car itself. basic modifications are always the starting pt. we have a bunch of foci in various clubs in ur area...get the occasional g2g goin, in fact i think we'll be due for 1 after most of the fellas go to VIR for a track day end of this mth.

so gimme a shout if u have questions. welcome aboard

http://thewarf.com/ryan/index.php

-Ult

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Hi welcome aboard. There are a good bunch of folks on here so ask any questions you may have, also the mods have been well covered in lots of instances so try a search for any questions or just ask away, there always seems to be someone around with a good answer...and most of the time it is correct! lol.
I live in westminster myself...where in baltimore are you? I go to westminster speed and sound for all my speed parts and stereo stuff ( tinting , remote starts, they do all that stuff)...Plus I have a friend here off of route 40 who does tinting and ziebart work and all kinds of electronic work! His name is Ryan ask for him he works at the local ziebart (exit 15 off the balt. beltway) his phone is 410 747 1425

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yeah, welcome dude. I'm not really that close to B-more but I'm on the eastern panhandle of West Virginia.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your reponse.

Actually, my apartment is near to the Johns Hopkins University.
So, may be I can say that I live in Charles Village(21218).

You are right, now I think I should prepare for the winter.
This is the first time that I have to take care my car in a snowing weather.
My car is a base version. No power windows, no power mirrors, no ABS,
no power locks, the rear brake is a drum brake, using 195/60R15 tires.
So, any suggestions ? Is there anything I should change?
This car already run 43000 miles (if the last owner did not change the milage),
should I change the timing belt now ?

By the way, what kind of gasoline are you using? 87?89?93?
The owner manual suggests 87, but is there any advantage for using 93 ?

Thank you very much !

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
welcome aboard. i live in beltsville and baltimore is not too far from where im at. maybe we can get together sometime to see our cars. my car is pretty much all stock for now. the only thing i have done (which is not performance stuff) is change the corner lenses to clear and i also have the neon pedals.
about the gas i put 87 on my car. everything seems fine with that plus thats what the car is programmed for

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yeah, run the 87 octane, you will see no advantage to the better stuff in a stock car, the timing belt is fine for now, you are about half way there!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
ty, what's up? welcome to the board. check out Import Sports, in Glen Burnie, MD. they've worked on both of my focus' and i have yet to have a problem with them. they specialize in european imports, and have some INCREDIBLE project cars going on (including a 900hp supra, total street sleeper).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts