Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to both this site, and to the North West D:

Needless to say, both my car and I are from Jacksonville, Fl.

Together, me and my rag tag 02 focus (busted up due to someone pulling out in front of me, killed the a/c, cracked the radiator, busted headlamp cover, hood no longer latches, etc) drove the 3000 mile treck through the heart of this country. and sure enough i made it to Grants pass oregon, through rain, snow (water as my coolant), mountains, having a gallon of gas left in the middle of nevada but the nearest gas station being 120 miles away (some how, i made it... despite driving up hill half of the way). anyway... the list goes on...

Despite me being here for 6 months now, my car is still looking just as rough, with more problems potentially arising in the future...

I like my car... i have a lot of sentimental value in it... it doesnt matter how uncomfortable the seats are, this is my car... i paid 100 dollars for it, and its taken me 3000 miles across the country plus an additional 12000 miles just driving around North East Florida and south east oregon.

I need help fixing my car, so that it can last me, hopefully, much longer. I dont necessarily need a tuner... I just, at this moment, want my car to live, and not look so raggidy (for god sake the driver mirror is held on by ONE sheet metal bolt and some reflective tape)

I do apologize for the sob story, but this site is for focus fanatics, and i figured someone might understand the relationship between a man and his beat up car. Ive stumbled into this site a dozen times before today and it seems like, if i anywhere, i might beable to find, some lead as to help my car... as to get the parts i need, as to work with me on a reasonable price...

Please, help me keep this car out of a junk yard D:
I dont want another car...

Thank you...

Zach, from florida, in oregon

by the way... i drive a 2002 zx5... this thing has the most horrible seats...

·
Registered
945 Posts
welcome to the northwest! as for cheap parts, craigslist will be your best bet i think!

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Idk bout oregon but here in wa we got some pull apart junkyard stores where u show hp with some tools pull what u need and pay for it cheap and be on ur way. That's ur best bet for fixing

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
a junk yard would be a good place for those seats. You can do seats from 00-07 for the front and back seats even. Welcome to the NW!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh really? man, theres a lot of focus cars here... and a whole lot of old datsun pick-ups and other various old cars...

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
like everyone said look for a junkyard/wrecking yard near you. thats your best bet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts