Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Advanced Auto parts clutch kit Part # MU 52114-SK . After attempting to install these parts and failing with a great deal of effort, I'm having doubts that I purchased the right parts for my 2004 SVT. I'm frustrated and sure could use some expert advise. Please help.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I purchased a Advanced Auto parts clutch kit Part # MU 52114-SK . After attempting to install these parts and failing with a great deal of effort, I'm having doubts that I purchased the right parts for my 2004 SVT. I'm frustrated and sure could use some expert advise. Please help.
Old Bill,
At first look it appears that they offer several clutch kits for the SVT. The one you got MU521141SK has a solid flywheel and the MU521141DK has the DM flywheel. Those pns appear to translate to the Perfection Clutch brand. I am not familiar with that brand, most people have had good luck with LUK brand.

Can you be more specific about 'failing with a great deal of effort' - what is not fitting, etc?

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The flywheel, pressure plate and disk all went together well but I couldn't seem to get the trans back together with the engine. On one attempt I was about a half inch from seating it but could go no further. Pulled back apart to try and see and measure clearances and felt all was ok. ( novice measurements )Tried Again with no success and gave up till my job would allow me to get back to it. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Did you compare old/new parts? Are you certain you aligned the clutch disc correctly. If you remove pressure plate/disc does the trans go on all the way easily?

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you compare old/new parts? Are you certain you aligned the clutch disc correctly. If you remove pressure plate/disc does the trans go on all the way easily?

Paul
Hi

Paul
Hi Paul, The old and new parts were different. Original flywheel was an aftermarket lightened aluminum one. The thro-out matched the original and new disk matched new flywheel. I used a pilot tool with pressure plate and disk. I will test fit as you suggest. I plan to try again next weekend. I had a lot of trouble trying to pass the lowered sub-frame and think I should lower it further to get a cleaner straight in shot with the trans.

·
Super Moderator
8,945 Posts
I love short cuts, but sometimes tou gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em.

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
963 Posts
I've done 4 zetec clutches. I prefer to remove the subframe completely. I had the same difficulty the first time. The subframe would not allow me to rotate the transaxle and line the splines up. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've done 4 zetec clutches. I prefer to remove the subframe completely. I had the same difficulty the first time. The subframe would not allow me to rotate the transaxle and line the splines up. Very frustrating.
Thanks, will do.

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
963 Posts
Good time to replace the steering rack bushings and sway bar bushings while it is out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts