Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone!

Just picked up a new-to-me 2013 Focus Titanium HB. Don't really know my Ford colour palette but it's a metallic black that really glistens in the sun. This is also my first manual car and I think I'm slowly getting the hang of things. If you're in the Toronto area and you see a black Focus pulling away slowly from a red/stop sign, I apologize in advance! Haven't gotten around to snapping pictures yet but here she is when I first got her from the dealership parked in front of the parents'.

Also, name suggestions are welcomed and highly encouraged. [:)]

- Tim

Attachments

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Welcome Tim!

That's a good looking Mk3. My focus was also my first manual car and it's a a great place to start. I've named my Carla. It goes back to my old 07 Focus which was named Carlos. The name will come to you when you soon. Don't force it!

Hope you like your new machine!

btw, come down to Hatch Nation when you can!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Tim!

That's a good looking Mk3. My focus was also my first manual car and it's a a great place to start. I've named my Carla. It goes back to my old 07 Focus which was named Carlos. The name will come to you when you soon. Don't force it!

Hope you like your new machine!

btw, come down to Hatch Nation when you can!
Thanks - The manual in the Focus was actually one of the easier ones to drive compared to other cars I tested. I do miss a 6th gear though as I do a fair bit of highway driving and my previous cars both had a 6th. Thankfully the engine isn't overly buzzy but there's quite a bit of tire roar/road noise. (perhaps a good thing since it drowns out the engine buzz?)

This might be silly question, but what's Hatch Nation?

Welcome, nice looking Titanium. Happy to see another from Ontario.[woot][welcome]
Thanks fellow Ontarian (unsure whether or not that's a legitimate term)!

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Thanks - The manual in the Focus was actually one of the easier ones to drive compared to other cars I tested. I do miss a 6th gear though as I do a fair bit of highway driving and my previous cars both had a 6th. Thankfully the engine isn't overly buzzy but there's quite a bit of tire roar/road noise. (perhaps a good thing since it drowns out the engine buzz?)

This might be silly question, but what's Hatch Nation?

Thanks fellow Ontarian (unsure whether or not that's a legitimate term)!
I would love a 6th gear. My jeep had one and it really helped the MPG too, but as for the noise, at least you don't have to deal with a whistling roof rack like me! Haha

Hatch Nation is a group here on the site consisting of hatch owners. We hang and talk about hatch stuff and whatever else comes to mind. I'm on my phone so I can't give you a link, but if you scroll down the discussion forum page, you'll find something called "owners clubs" or something like that, and below that, you'll find Hatch Nation and a bunch of other groups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts